Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Extra logfile with latest values.

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

maddinthebrain
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Extra logfile with latest values.

Post by maddinthebrain »

Hi,
I would like to use a logfile stored local which consists of the last values read from the station. I want to use my smarthome system. FHEM if some of you know it. FHEM can read this file regularly.
How must I setup Cumulus to write a realtimevalue.txt? Is it possible?

Greetings

Martin
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Extra logfile with latest values.

Post by steve »

You can create a template file using web tags and get Cumulus to process it at each ‘realtime’ update (or at each ‘normal’ update if that’s appropriate. Normally intended for web uploading, but equally valid to process locally without uploading to a web site. More details in the wiki in the web site section.

Note that this method would not create a log as such, it would overwrite the file at each update, but it sounds like that’s what you want anyway.
Steve
maddinthebrain

Post by maddinthebrain »

steve wrote:Note that this method would not create a log as such, it would overwrite the file at each update, but it sounds like that’s what you want anyway.
This is exactly what I'm looking for. It sounds like the realtimeT.htm for the ftp upload. But I didn't get the point where to setup that in Cumulusmx. In extra web files? How to do this? A small example would help.

Thanks a lot

Martin
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Not sure if you have seen this in the Wiki http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Realtime.t ... ng_webtags
Others who use MX might chip in re your other questions.
maddinthebrain

Post by maddinthebrain »

Ok, the thing with the webtags I understood. So I would place a file, let us call it "realtimeweathervalT.txt", just made of

Code: Select all

<#date format=dd/mm/yy> <#timehhmmss> <#temp> <#hum> <#dew> <#wspeed> <#wlatest> <#bearing> <#rrate> <#rfall> <#press> <#currentwdir> <#beaufortnumber> <#windunit> <#tempunitnodeg> <#pressunit> <#rainunit> <#windrun> <#presstrendval> <#rmonth> <#ryear> <#rfallY> <#intemp> <#inhum> <#wchill> <#temptrend> <#tempTH> <#TtempTH> <#tempTL> <#TtempTL> <#windTM> <#TwindTM> <#wgustTM> <#TwgustTM> <#pressTH> <#TpressTH> <#pressTL> <#TpressTL> <#version> <#build> <#wgust> <#heatindex> <#humidex> <#UV> <#ET> <#SolarRad> <#avgbearing> <#rhour> <#forecastnumber> <#isdaylight> <#SensorContactLost> <#wdir> <#cloudbasevalue> <#cloudbaseunit> <#apptemp> <#SunshineHours> <#CurrentSolarMax> <#IsSunny>
in the data folder of CumulusMX. The smarthome server FHEM can read out the "realtimeweatherval.txt" (without the T) right regularly? Now the only question is, how set this in CumulusMX or is this done automatically?

Martin
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Create an entry in the extra web files, don’t select ftp and supply a local file for the output file.Pretty sure there is more on this in the wiki. The input and output files can go wherever you want, you have to supply the full paths anyway. Probably best not to interfere with the Cumulus data folder adding files it doesn’t recognise.
Steve
maddinthebrain

Post by maddinthebrain »

Perfect, it works!!!! Thank your very much! Now I just have to setup the read by the FHEM server, but that's not a Cumulus issue :D .

Cheers Martin
maddinthebrain

Post by maddinthebrain »

But one question: mm in the webtag means the minute. But this in time, too, like above. Which is defined hh:mm:ss. That is wrong. How would be right?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

In MX (which uses .Net conversion strings) minute is mm and month is MM - see the full list in the first MX announcement post (I think the list is also in the wiki).
Steve
maddinthebrain

Post by maddinthebrain »

Great. I was thinking MM should be the solution, but wasn't sure.

Thanks a lot now it works perfectly.

Martin