Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
Moonglider
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:56 pm
Weather Station: WeatherFlow Smart WeatherStation
Operating System: Windows 7
Location: Denmark

Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Postby Moonglider » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi

Will Cumulus MX support the new WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation ?

water01
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:33 am
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit HP SP1
Location: Somewhere in the USA
Contact:

Re: Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Postby water01 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 pm

With Steve currently touring France in an RV I would think it extremely unlikely especially as there are other requests for other Weather Stations in the queue. If it is possible to intercept the data stream you could try building an easyweather.dat file http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/EasyWeather_Format and feed that into Cumulus/Cumulus MX.

philpugh
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:34 am
Weather Station: DAVIS VantageVue
Operating System: Debian (RPi) 3.18.11-v7
Location: Antrobus, Cheshire
Contact:

Re: Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Postby philpugh » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:33 am

The devices (Sky and Air) seem to have a relatively simple web based API interface. It's not apparent from the web pages for the devices if the interface is to the local device(s) or via a 'central' web server on their site, similar to WeatherUnderground, which would have implications for rates of data access. Interesting looking devices - if they work as claimed.

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Postby weatherist34 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:49 pm

philpugh wrote:The devices (Sky and Air) seem to have a relatively simple web based API interface. It's not apparent from the web pages for the devices if the interface is to the local device(s) or via a 'central' web server on their site, similar to WeatherUnderground, which would have implications for rates of data access. Interesting looking devices - if they work as claimed.

The api is a standard API you can monitor the frequency of the wind update here https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/1200/grid this my test units of air and sky , at the moment it is not optimally positioned until the weather gets better , then I will stick the sky unit up on the roof.

I have a template ready to use with weather flow hardware but until the test period is over I won’t being releasing it but rest sssured the api method is dead simple and has no restrictions like Wunderground in terms amount of calls .

You can also access data by ddwrt redirect up from your home router to your server be it local or web hosted or you can also use a websocket method along with a UDP method so adapting software all the stuff is there already.

Here is mine online

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/1200/grid


Unfortunately I can not share any information about the sky hardware at present .

Brian

User avatar
Mapantz
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:55 am
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.
Location: Wareham, Dorset - UK
Contact:

Re: Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Postby Mapantz » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:59 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
philpugh wrote:The devices (Sky and Air) seem to have a relatively simple web based API interface. It's not apparent from the web pages for the devices if the interface is to the local device(s) or via a 'central' web server on their site, similar to WeatherUnderground, which would have implications for rates of data access. Interesting looking devices - if they work as claimed.

The api is a standard API you can monitor the frequency of the wind update here https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/1200/grid this my test units of air and sky , at the moment it is not optimally positioned until the weather gets better , then I will stick the sky unit up on the roof.

I have a template ready to use with weather flow hardware but until the test period is over I won’t being releasing it but rest sssured the api method is dead simple and has no restrictions like Wunderground in terms amount of calls .

You can also access data by ddwrt redirect up from your home router to your server be it local or web hosted or you can also use a websocket method along with a UDP method so adapting software all the stuff is there already.

Here is mine online

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/1200/grid


Unfortunately I can not share any information about the sky hardware at present .

Brian


That looks interesting, Brian. How often are those wind values updating? That's far better than the Netatmo station. I'm going to bin my Netatmo now, it's going through batteries too fast. The weatherflow looks a good alternative (as a hobbyist) and they will ship it here in January.
Image
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Support for WeatherFlow Smart Weatherstation

Postby weatherist34 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Mapantz wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:
philpugh wrote:The devices (Sky and Air) seem to have a relatively simple web based API interface. It's not apparent from the web pages for the devices if the interface is to the local device(s) or via a 'central' web server on their site, similar to WeatherUnderground, which would have implications for rates of data access. Interesting looking devices - if they work as claimed.

The api is a standard API you can monitor the frequency of the wind update here https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/1200/grid this my test units of air and sky , at the moment it is not optimally positioned until the weather gets better , then I will stick the sky unit up on the roof.

I have a template ready to use with weather flow hardware but until the test period is over I won’t being releasing it but rest sssured the api method is dead simple and has no restrictions like Wunderground in terms amount of calls .

You can also access data by ddwrt redirect up from your home router to your server be it local or web hosted or you can also use a websocket method along with a UDP method so adapting software all the stuff is there already.

Here is mine online

https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/1200/grid


Unfortunately I can not share any information about the sky hardware at present .

Brian


That looks interesting, Brian. How often are those wind values updating? That's far better than the Netatmo station. I'm going to bin my Netatmo now, it's going through batteries too fast. The weatherflow looks a good alternative (as a hobbyist) and they will ship it here in January.


At a guess 2-3 seconds , what is really impressive or impresses me is the rain It detects rain almost the moment it begins to rain yet it doesn’t exaggerate the measure , so it does two things things detects and measures and that’s something my main station don’t don’t that just measures when the tipping bucket fills .

If this test period goes well put it on your shopping list but time will tell.

Initial reaction is I’m impressed so far .

Brian


Return to “Cumulus MX”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bs85, Simbor and 9 guests