Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Calibrating extra sensor and adding a display

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Jonathan Jefferies
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Raspberry pi

Calibrating extra sensor and adding a display

Post by Jonathan Jefferies »

Hi.
I run Cumulus mx with a raspberry pi.

Ive ticked the box to add an extra sensor which is measuring grass temperature. This is reading 2c lower than the normal displayed air temperature. How can i adjust the calibration offset to bring the grass temperature in line with the displayed air temperature.

Also i would like to display grass temperature on my website/cumulus page like the other parameters measured, how could i do this. At the moment i cant seem to record the lows of grass temperature without looking back every hour to find the lowest temperature as it is not recorded.

Hope all makes sense..

Many thanks

Jonathan Jefferies
Check out raundsweather.co.uk my weather website
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Calibrating extra sensor and adding a display

Post by steve »

Wouldn’t grass temp normally be lower than air temp anyway, or is that not the case?

There is no calibration setting for extra sensors in Cumulus, and it doesn’t record highs and lows for extra sensors. You could record the values in a database and extract highs and lows from that. There are web tags for extra sensors, which you could use in a web page processed by Cumulus - see the web site section of the wiki.
Steve
Jonathan Jefferies
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Raspberry pi

Post by Jonathan Jefferies »

Steve

Thank you for the reply.

Im putting the grass temperature sensor in my Stevenson screen to calibrate it against the air temperature sensor so i know it reads the same, then i can put the sensor above the grass knowing its reading correctly.

Ok i will have a go at producing a database.

Thank you.
Check out raundsweather.co.uk my weather website
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

If you need any help with the database settings in MX, just ask and someone should be able to help. There may well be information in the wiki.
Steve