IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Davis Vantage Vue + RPi 2

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
ralph77
Weather Station: Oregon Scientifics WMR88
Operating System: Windows 10

Davis Vantage Vue + RPi 2

Postby ralph77 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:22 am

Hello!
Next week I'll receive my new Davis Vantage Vue.
My next step will be to connect It to my RPi2. What kind of device will I need?

Thank You!

Raffaele

philpugh
Weather Station: DAVIS VantageVue
Operating System: Debian Jessie

Re: Davis Vantage Vue + RPi 2

Postby philpugh » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:40 pm

If you have the Davis data logger with the system then it is a matter of using a USB (mini) cable to connect the Vantage Vue to the RPi2. It will be connected as a serial port by the CumulusMX software.

You will love the Vantage Vue - mine has seen fairly reliable service for over 5 years now. Battery changed twice and failure of the humidity sensor. Currently being battered by 22mph winds with sleet and snow.
Phil Pugh
Davis Vantage Vue Raspberry Pi 2B Stretch-Lite MySQL 128Gb SSD
http://goosegate.plus.com/

ralph77
Weather Station: Oregon Scientifics WMR88

Postby ralph77 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank You, Phil!
So I've to buy the data logger and the I Can start a new experience!

Thank You again!

Claira42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue

Postby Claira42 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:01 am

I also have a Davis Vantage Vue with data logger that was connected to my Twitter account since last year and I am running the standard updated Cumulus version programme as downloaded in 2015 so I believe that it is current. I am not venturing into MX until I am happy with my set up.

In the last day or so Cumulus has not uploaded my weather reports to Twitter and I have read on this forum that it seems to be a Token issue and that it may never be sorted.

If anyone has a fix for this please let me in on it as I love Cumulus and I feel that letting my Twitter followers know what is going on in my big garden is a real buzz.

I have tried everything listed in the forums so far to no avail.

Please, if anyone can help or if I find a fix I will update accordingly.

Thank you.
Davis Vantage Vue Cumulus user.

Return to “Cumulus MX”