Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Bad value causing wrong record temp

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Sadgit
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Bad value causing wrong record temp

Post by Sadgit »

Hello

I'm just back from 3 weeks away and I see on 30th Nov I have a high temp recorded of 40.4C which in Middlesbrough is erm wrong :)
It was recorded for 2 hours every 15 minutes on 30th Nov, so what is the best way to change it and get the records to auto update and the NOAA as well please?

Cheers
Mark
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Bad value causing wrong record temp

Post by steve »

You will need to edit the files manually, MX has no facility for recreating all tIme records. There is an article in the FAQ about correcting data, and more information in the wiki, all of which applies to MX apart from the lack of the built in editors. Which files you need to edit depends on which figures have been affected. Be sure to edit with mx stopped.

You can’t recreate past NOAA files with mx.

You may find this happens again, your temp sensor is probably failing.
Steve
Sadgit
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Bad value causing wrong record temp

Post by Sadgit »

figured as much Steve.. thanks. I hope you are enjoying the trip and retirement!