Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Fine Tuning of the weather forecast within MX ?????

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Fine Tuning of the weather forecast within MX ?????

Post by odintheterrible »

Greetings,
I recently switched over to MX from Cumulus 1 after our permanent move to the Murcia region of Spain (SE coastal area) and the installation of a new weather station with solar data (Fine Offset WS3083)

The station is working well recording data and outputting it to my web page. However, the old Cumulus 1 software's weather forecast was fairly accurate when we lived in the UK but since moving to Spain the forecast appears to be at variance with the actual weather.

I've been told that our location here in Murcia region 'benefits' from a micro climate which shields us from much of the variations/extremes
of the wider region. Therefore, I'd be interested to know if it is possible to 'fine tune' the forecast based upon our local data and if so, how this can be achieved in order to bring the software forecast more inline with the actual weather conditions???

Many thanks for any response/assistance
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Fine Tuning of the weather forecast within MX ?????

Post by steve »

You can experiment with the pressure extremes, see if that helps. If not, get your forecast from somewhere else ;)
Steve
odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Re: Fine Tuning of the weather forecast within MX ?????

Post by odintheterrible »

OK, seems like a plan.
If however, this doesn't produce the desired results and I follow your comment and, "get your forecast from somewhere else" ... how would that be incorporated into the MX web page ??
Thanks
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !