Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

New issue with updated file not reflecting on webpage (solved)

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
dilly
Weather Station: Davis Pro 2
Operating System: Win 7

New issue with updated file not reflecting on webpage (solved)

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I noticed today that it appears my webpage upload of realtime.txt data isnt updating. Still seeing Dec 29 data on the webpage.

Using CumulusMX 3043 on a Rasp Pi3
website is particularlynastyweather.com

I can log into my ftp and upload files without issue so I am thinking it is something else maybe. This same Cumulus setup has worked for a long time (up until 29DEC17 that is).

when I look at particularynastyweather.com/realtime.txt I am seeing the 29DEC data. Any ideas?
Do you think it is an uploading issue or is Cumulus not generating a new updated realtime.txt file?
Or something else I am missing. Uploads to WeatherUnderground of current data is working so my thought is it was an FTP issue

I have a number of .json files when looking at the server side via ftp that appear to have not been updated since on this same 29DEC17 date (dailytemp.json, sunhours.json, dailyrai.json, etc.).

Open to any ideas or paths to troubleshoot you might have. Accessing the Cumulus GUI appears to work just fine and is showing updated current conditions.

Thanks so much!
Last edited by dilly on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New issue with updated file not reflecting on webpage

Postby steve » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Turn on ftp logging and see if the ftplog.txt file has any obvious problems logged.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

dilly

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks Steve. Was going to add the logfile but have been unsuccessfully trying to make it even somewhat readable the last 30 minutes. I will attach it.

Seems to be an umber of "No such file or directory" issues. But I am not sure how to correct. As I said it has worked for a long time without my intervention
Last edited by dilly on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:39 pm

Those “no such file” messages can be ignored. You are using active ftp mode, normally passive (the default) is better. Perhaps something changed somewhere (a firewall somewhere) such that active mode no longer works for you.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

dilly

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Yes! Just got pfsense going as my router/firewall. So that is likely exactly the issue.

Let me see if turning off active ftp mode helps...

Yes! that took care of it. Thanks Steve for your help!

Return to “Cumulus MX”