Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

The handshake failed due to un unexpected packet format

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
Dinant
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 2012 R2

Re: The handshake failed due to un unexpected packet format

Postby Dinant » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:12 am

mcrossley wrote:OK, unless you are getting the exception I don't think it was picking up the new file.

I had a quick look this morning, I don't think MX can be made to use an updated DLL without MX being recompiled - because the public key of the assembly will change (or be removed ;) )when I compile it. :(

I think you are right.
In the first test I've replaced the dll when MX was running. Now I see that is not a stable situation.

Dinant
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 2012 R2

Re: The handshake failed due to un unexpected packet format

Postby Dinant » Sun May 27, 2018 5:16 pm

My provider has disabled TLS 1.0 again. So I have added an external ftp script which uses WinSCP.
First you have to install WinSCP.
Then add 2 files ftp2web.bat and ftp2web.txt to the Cumulus directory.

<cumulus-directory>\ftps2web.bat:

Code: Select all

"<winscp-install-directory>\WinSCP.com" /script=<cumulus-directory>\ftps2web.txt /log=<cumulus-directory>\ftps2web.log

<cumulus-directory>\ftps2web.txt (example with upload of 4 files):

Code: Select all

open ftps://<user>:<password>@<ftp-server>:21 -explicit -passive=on -rawsettings MinTlsVersion=11 MaxTlsVersion=12

put D:\Cumulus\extra\clientrawhourT.txttmp <upload-directory>/clientrawhour.txt
put D:\Cumulus\extra\monthlyrecordT.jstmp  <upload-directory>/monthlyrecord.js
put D:\cumulus\extra\webtagsT.jsontmp      <upload-directory>/webtags.json
put D:\Cumulus\realtime.txt                <upload-directory>/realtime.txt

exit

Change in the Cumulus MX config:
Under Settings, Internet settings, External programs you have to add ftps2web.bat

Under Settings, Extra web files: you can disable the checkboxes for all files in the FTP column.

If the FTPS script runs it creates a log file ftp2weg.log in the Cumulus directory. If everything is running fine you can remove the /log option from the WinSCP command line because the logfile can grow very quick.

Return to “Cumulus MX”