Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
AndyCon
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY
Operating System: Vista

Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Postby AndyCon » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:30 am

I had CumulusMX working on Raspberry PI 3 with a Maplin N96GY. The memory on the receiver became full and I did not notice as I had not been checking it regularly. I have cleared the memory and went to restart CumulusMX ( sudo mono CumulusMX.exe from CumulusMX folder) and it does not run and I get no error.
I have noticed that since clearing the memory on the receiver it is not filling back up but it is still receiving information from the weather station.
So I am thinking the memory problem is linked with why CumulusMX will not run, any ideas?

Also has anyone managed to receive the signal directly from the weather station onto a Raspberry PI so as to by pass the receiver/display? I have looked on a few internet forums but cannot see a route to do this without mounting the Raspberry PI outside with the weather station, then using WIFI to upload the data directly.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Postby steve » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:59 pm

It could be that the station has stopped logging. If so, a full reset might get it going again.

Note that there is no need to clear the memory on the console, and it has been known to cause problems, as you seem to have found out.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Postby AllyCat » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:15 am

Hi,

AndyCon wrote:....has anyone managed to receive the signal directly from the weather station onto a Raspberry PI so as to by pass the receiver/display?

Yes, do a search on this forum and elsewhere for Kevin Sangeelee, for example here. The "Maplin" station is a WH1081 in one of its numerous "flavours".

Cheers, Alan.

Return to “Cumulus MX”