Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

AndyCon
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY
Operating System: Vista

Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Post by AndyCon »

I had CumulusMX working on Raspberry PI 3 with a Maplin N96GY. The memory on the receiver became full and I did not notice as I had not been checking it regularly. I have cleared the memory and went to restart CumulusMX ( sudo mono CumulusMX.exe from CumulusMX folder) and it does not run and I get no error.
I have noticed that since clearing the memory on the receiver it is not filling back up but it is still receiving information from the weather station.
So I am thinking the memory problem is linked with why CumulusMX will not run, any ideas?

Also has anyone managed to receive the signal directly from the weather station onto a Raspberry PI so as to by pass the receiver/display? I have looked on a few internet forums but cannot see a route to do this without mounting the Raspberry PI outside with the weather station, then using WIFI to upload the data directly.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Post by steve »

It could be that the station has stopped logging. If so, a full reset might get it going again.

Note that there is no need to clear the memory on the console, and it has been known to cause problems, as you seem to have found out.
Steve
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Raspberry PI and Maplin N96GY stopped working

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,
AndyCon wrote:....has anyone managed to receive the signal directly from the weather station onto a Raspberry PI so as to by pass the receiver/display?
Yes, do a search on this forum and elsewhere for Kevin Sangeelee, for example here. The "Maplin" station is a WH1081 in one of its numerous "flavours".

Cheers, Alan.