Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
gw4bvy
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7 & Raspian

JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Postby gw4bvy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 pm

This may be self inflicted as I have recently had to edit datafiles due to a Vantage Vue wobbly.
But while everything else now works again, the Daily Temp and Daily Rain Graphs are incorrect. Irrespective of the number of days chosen in settings, both graphs show all of the station data ( now 11 months worth ) and the X axis reads Jan 20 to Dec 20.
I have looked at the data in the dailyrain.json and dailtytemp.json files and the time stamps are all exactly three years (large number of milliseconds) in the future.
As these files are automatically produced, there is obviously something causing this time offset. Any ideas/ suggestions would be welcomed!
TIA
Roger

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Postby steve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:28 pm

My guess would be that in editing the data file(sj you have changed the format of the dates from the expected format (dd/mm/yy), possibly as a result of using something like Excel to do the editing.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

gw4bvy
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7 & Raspian

Re: JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Postby gw4bvy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:04 am

Hi Steve
Thanks for the prompt reply. Correct !! On investigation the format of the dates in the dayfile.txt file had been changed by Excel to dd/mm/yyyy,
Brilliant - I could have spent the rest of my life trying to spot this one.
Thanks again
Roger

Return to “Cumulus MX”