Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

gw4bvy
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7 & Raspian

JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Post by gw4bvy »

This may be self inflicted as I have recently had to edit datafiles due to a Vantage Vue wobbly.
But while everything else now works again, the Daily Temp and Daily Rain Graphs are incorrect. Irrespective of the number of days chosen in settings, both graphs show all of the station data ( now 11 months worth ) and the X axis reads Jan 20 to Dec 20.
I have looked at the data in the dailyrain.json and dailtytemp.json files and the time stamps are all exactly three years (large number of milliseconds) in the future.
As these files are automatically produced, there is obviously something causing this time offset. Any ideas/ suggestions would be welcomed!
TIA
Roger
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Post by steve »

My guess would be that in editing the data file(sj you have changed the format of the dates from the expected format (dd/mm/yy), possibly as a result of using something like Excel to do the editing.
Steve
gw4bvy
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows7 & Raspian

Re: JSON time stamps exactly three years out

Post by gw4bvy »

Hi Steve
Thanks for the prompt reply. Correct !! On investigation the format of the dates in the dayfile.txt file had been changed by Excel to dd/mm/yyyy,
Brilliant - I could have spent the rest of my life trying to spot this one.
Thanks again
Roger