Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Windows 7 64 bit madness

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

GSV3MiaC
Weather Station: Fine Offset (ex Maplin)
Operating System: Win 7, Vista, XP, Android, etc.

Windows 7 64 bit madness

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Been trying MX (I have a problem with 1.94 occasionally popping up a 'downloading data' window for some obvious reason, so I thought I'd try MX). OK, it installed and ran just fine. However when I stopped it (by terminating the console session) the cumulusmx.exe file vanished. Not only that, but (despite having full permissions to the folder in question) I am 'not authorised' to put it back (even in admin mode). I can create a new directory and put it there, but as soon as I ran it (this time I used task manager to start it) it went away. The web interface worked fine. Not even sure where I should be looking to see what happened .. meantime back to 1.94 I guess.

I liked MX, although I'd have to find some way to vanish the console window, lest some use closed it..
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Windows 7 64 bit madness

Post by steve »

The only thing I can think of is that antivirus software is deleting the .exe file, believing it to contain a virus.
Steve
GSV3MiaC
Weather Station: Fine Offset (ex Maplin)
Operating System: Win 7, Vista, XP, Android, etc.

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Thanks Steve, perhaps i'll try a different av solution then. I was using avast and had seen some issues with the ui crashing, although the protection seemed to be running ok.

Are you back on the job now?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

For now, the situation is the same as it has been - I’m looking at the forum regularly and helping out where I can as time permits. A lot of my time at the moment is taken up with becoming a resident here - French bureaucracy takes quite a bit of fathoming :lol:
Steve
ExperiMentor
Weather Station: Fine Offset & Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10; Raspbian Buster

Post by ExperiMentor »

Long shot here. You say "the cumulusmx.exe file vanished". I hope it's not as simple as needing the correct capitalisation - the filename needs to be CumulusMX.exe . It shouldn't delete the file though ...