Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Problem with degrees symbol

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.

Re: Problem with degrees symbol

Postby Mapantz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 pm

I just don't get how it works when Cumulus isn't processing the file? As soon as I start it again, the weird chars appear.

Another route I tried; I don't have UTF-8 checked in CMX, stopped the processing. Opened up the text files and saved them as ANSI and the degrees symbol works. I started the processing again, and the file was converted back to UTF8 even though I don't have it enabled. The ipcamT.txt stays as ANSI while the outputted file is UTF8. I cannot keep them both in ANSI.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Mapantz wrote:I started the processing again, and the file was converted back to UTF8 even though I don't have it enabled. The ipcamT.txt stays as ANSI while the outputted file is UTF8. I cannot keep them both in ANSI.
See my previous post.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 - A beast.

Postby Mapantz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 pm

steve wrote: because I seem to remember that due to some issue with a third party component, the utf-8 setting is either on or off for all files.

Then why is there options for UTF8 to be turned on or off in Extra web files? :D

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Because I didn’t know that’s how the third party component worked when I wrote the code.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

SteveFitz1
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7

Postby SteveFitz1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:53 pm

I've been using Cumulus V1 to create a text file for use by IPTimeLapse for over a year now and it works great. In my "template" file, I create the decimal symbol with ALT-0176 and save the file as ANSI. I let Cumulus V1 process the file and uncheck the UTF-8 box for this file on the FILES tab of the Internet Settings page. The end result is that the decimal symbol is still correct after processing and the file remains in ANSI format which is what I want. It does not get converted to UTF-8.

Steve

Return to “Cumulus MX”