Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Gauges Page Broken with 2018-06-27-raspbian-stretch

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

Herbaldew
Weather Station: VP2+
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)

Gauges Page Broken with 2018-06-27-raspbian-stretch

Post by Herbaldew »

No idea where to look for what is causing this...

No changes have been made from my settings with the last release.

But now, my "index" page works fine including the wind gauges. My "gauges" page will load but the gauges will not connect (this is using the Chromium browser on the rPi). Eventually I get a "Page Unresponsive" message with "Exit Page" and "Wait" buttons. "Wait" just results in the same messsage, "Exit Page" results in the "Aw, Snap!" page - none of its recommendations fix the problem.

The gauges page does work fine when connecting from another machine on the LAN, so I am guessing this has something to do with the new version of Chromium shipped with 2018-06-27-raspbian-stretch. I leave my rPi with my gauges page running in full screen all the time as it is next to my TV - I just toggle the input button on the TV and can look at my gauges at will so I really want to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Herb
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Gauges Page Broken with 2018-06-27-raspbian-stretch

Post by water01 »

Sounds like this problem in mainstream Chrome https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16908
David
Herbaldew

Post by Herbaldew »

Thanks, I had read that as it was unfolding but it didn't cross my mind for my problem.

My symptoms are slightly different in that my gauges page won't load to start with. That was fixed in regular Chrome, but maybe whatever the problem was made it to the rPi version without getting fixed and is generating my "slightly different symptoms"? Oddly, I couldn't recreate the original situation on my PC - go figger.

Edit: Guess Chromium isn't the culprit - IceWeasel won't work either.
Herbaldew

Post by Herbaldew »

Heat index here is 105 f - good day to play with this thing :)

Turns out that IceWeasel does NOT work properly for the gauges page with the last version of Raspbian either.

I had never fooled with another browser other than the included Chromium so didn't know anything about them. IceWeasel if basically Firefox for Raspbian so that's what I tried. I Googled alternate browsers for Raspbian and saw and tried Luakit. The gauges page works fine with it.

The lastest Raspbian image comes with Chromium 65 not 66 that was reported to be the problem in the thread water01 pointed out above. That said, it sure is looking the Chromium 65 is the problem.

There will not be an upgrade of the Chromium version for Raspbian at least until the next image release so I will either use Luakit or stick with the last image unless someone finds another solution.