Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CMX "Changes you made may not be saved." Pop-up

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

radilly
Weather Station: Ambient WS-2080
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 3, OS Buster Lite

CMX "Changes you made may not be saved." Pop-up

Post by radilly »

Anyone run into a "sticky" "Changes you made may not be saved." pop-up on the local CMX dashboard (site)?

I've had it for maybe a week now, every time I navigate off one of the pages for the "site.". I'm not sure if it's a browser glitch and I'm not very Java literate to debug it. I didn't find that phrase in any of the CMX files.

Chrome is my primary browser and has the issue. Firefox does not. I seldom use IE, but I get "WebSocket NOT supported by your Browser!" so I can't test without addressing.

Any ideas?

Oh, I flushed cache and all that - no joy...
Cheers,
Bob
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: CMX "Changes you made may not be saved." Pop-up

Post by steve »

It's not something that MX does itself, so I don't know where it would be coming from. It does sound like it's coming from the javascript engine in the browser, for whatever reason.
Steve
radilly

Post by radilly »

steve wrote:It's not something that MX does itself...
Thanks Steve! That was my inclination when I couldn't find the message text or any significant substrings across the CMX files. I started to Google it and found a few things but haven't dug into them yet. I'll post, of course, if I figure something out...

Hope you're enjoying retirement. I decided I was too in January. Tired of the "rat race" as we say in the States... Be safe! Enjoy!

Bob
Cheers,
Bob
radilly

Post by radilly »

Still poking around, but based on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/398 ... -have-been I looked for files containing "beforeunload":

Code: Select all

$ grep -lr "beforeunload" *
interface/lib/jquery/jquery-latest.min.js
interface/lib/datatables/media/js/jquery.js
webfiles/lib/jquery/jquery-latest.min.js
First and last appear to be the same file based on a checksum.

In my modest searching, I saw jquery mentioned a few times. I won't pretend to know anything beyond the most basic Java, but if the header comments are any indication these file make be a bit dated. I got the idea that the Chrome changed in early 2016.

Code: Select all

==> interface/lib/jquery/jquery-latest.min.js <==
/*! jQuery v1.9.1 | (c) 2005, 2012 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license

==> interface/lib/datatables/media/js/jquery.js <==
/*! jQuery v1.11.1 | (c) 2005, 2014 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license */

==> webfiles/lib/jquery/jquery-latest.min.js <==
/*! jQuery v1.9.1 | (c) 2005, 2012 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license
Seems possible, as widely used as I suspect jQuery is, there may be updated versions of this/these available.

That's as far as I've gotten...
Bob

Ref: https://code.jquery.com/jquery/
Cheers,
Bob
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

radilly wrote: Seems possible, as widely used as I suspect jQuery is, there may be updated versions of this/these available.

That's as far as I've gotten...
Bob

Ref: https://code.jquery.com/jquery/
The Wiki http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Simple_Web ... Cumulus_MX mentions how to get and install latest version of jQuery
radilly

Post by radilly »

sfws wrote:The Wiki http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Simple_Web ... Cumulus_MX mentions how to get and install latest version of jQuery
Thanks @sfws!

I typically don't think to use the Wiki because it seemed like there hadn't been any recent changed (last time I looked). But it looks like you've been making updates recently!

Cheers, and Thanks!
Bob
Cheers,
Bob