Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Installing on Mac

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
herge1
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Mac OS HIGH SIERRA

Installing on Mac

Postby herge1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi - Im new to forum and new to my Aercus WS3083 Weather station. I bought so I could upload data to my computer but see it was recommended for use with a pc - I have a Mac and after reading through the forum am none the wiser on how to get an interface I can use with the device - any not too technical advice??

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Installing on Mac

Postby steve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 pm

MX works on a Mac, but you will need to be proficient in the use of the command line. There's a little bit of information about OS X in the instructions, I'm afraid that's all I can offer at the moment.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

HeyDJ
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1081
Operating System: macOS

Postby HeyDJ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 pm

I've just been switching weather stations and the computer and version of Cumulus I run. Setting up a mac mini with Mono and Cumulus MX has surprisingly been much easier than I expected and it's bedding in quite nicely now.

@herge1 I'd be happy to help you with some setup instructions if you want. I'm not familiar with your weather station but getting a mac set up with Cumulus MX is straightforward enough in my experience so far.

tgaughan67
Weather Station: Aercus WS3083
Operating System: Mac OS

Postby tgaughan67 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:26 am

I'm in exactly the same situation with my WS 3083 and a Mac. I have downloaded Mono and Cumulus MX but the directory Cumulus MX can't be found in the terminal. Like herge1 I need a bit of help, many thanks

Return to “Cumulus MX”