IMPORTANT! The server may go down soon - possibly permanently. Please read the latest post in Announcements and News

FTP is broken. I strongly advise all users using my server for their web site to make alternative arrangements.

Outgoing mail is disabled because of the malware on the server. No new forum registrations are currently possible, and mail to the forum administrator will not work.

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Installing on Mac

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
herge1
Weather Station: WS3083
Operating System: Mac OS HIGH SIERRA

Installing on Mac

Postby herge1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Hi - Im new to forum and new to my Aercus WS3083 Weather station. I bought so I could upload data to my computer but see it was recommended for use with a pc - I have a Mac and after reading through the forum am none the wiser on how to get an interface I can use with the device - any not too technical advice??

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Installing on Mac

Postby steve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 pm

MX works on a Mac, but you will need to be proficient in the use of the command line. There's a little bit of information about OS X in the instructions, I'm afraid that's all I can offer at the moment.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

HeyDJ
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1081
Operating System: macOS

Postby HeyDJ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:56 pm

I've just been switching weather stations and the computer and version of Cumulus I run. Setting up a mac mini with Mono and Cumulus MX has surprisingly been much easier than I expected and it's bedding in quite nicely now.

@herge1 I'd be happy to help you with some setup instructions if you want. I'm not familiar with your weather station but getting a mac set up with Cumulus MX is straightforward enough in my experience so far.

tgaughan67
Weather Station: Aercus WS3083
Operating System: Mac OS

Postby tgaughan67 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:26 am

I'm in exactly the same situation with my WS 3083 and a Mac. I have downloaded Mono and Cumulus MX but the directory Cumulus MX can't be found in the terminal. Like herge1 I need a bit of help, many thanks

Return to “Cumulus MX”