Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Very strange rainfall figures

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

daveh
Weather Station: Home built
Operating System: Linux

Very strange rainfall figures

Post by daveh »

I have just noticed a very strange problem with the rainfall figures on my install of MX. I've never seen it before in all the time I've been running it.
I've attached some screen shots to show the problem.
Looking at the logs screen I see that rainfall for yesterday was 10.9 mm. Seems reasonable.
The today and yesterday page also shows 10.9 mm yesterday.
The records screen however shows a record rainfall of 7183.4 mm yesterday and the rainfall chart has a very strange rainfall scale on the right hand side.

Any ideas why this would happen and how to correct it please?

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Very strange rainfall figures

Post by steve »

Looks like your rainfall counter increased suddenly, and then perhaps returned to normal. Cumulus tries to filter out such aberrances, but it depends on exactly what happened.

There's information in the FAQ and wiki about correcting rainfall, which also applies to MX, except that MX doesn't have most of the built in editors that Cumulus 1 has. So you need to stop MX and edit the alltime.ini file to reinstate the previous record (which you can get from alltimelog.txt).
Steve