Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX on OSX issues

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

tgaughan67
Weather Station: Aercus WS3083
Operating System: Mac OS

Cumulus MX on OSX issues

Post by tgaughan67 »

Hi,

I am very new to weather stations and recently bought a Aercus WS3083, I have mounted and set up the station as per instructions with no issues.
The issues started when I downloaded MX and then the Mono player with no issues, I tried following the OSX set up guide from the post but haven't got any further. In the terminal window the Cumulus directory cannot be found, I have tried looking through various posts for similar issues but with no luck.
If someone could help with an idiots guide to the installation that would be fantastic, I am beginning to feel like my purchase has been a bit of a waste of time due to level of work required to get some software working.

Kind regards

Tom in Stamford, England.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus MX on OSX issues

Post by steve »

This isn't a Cumulus issue, this is presumably a lack of experience on your part with using a terminal window? I'm afraid I can't be a lot of help as it's a long time since I owned a Mac and I can't remember exactly what I did. First of all, where did you put the CumulusMXDist3043.zip file, and how did you unzip it?
Steve
tgaughan67

Post by tgaughan67 »

Hi Steve,

Yes you are right I have no clue about terminal windows, the Cumulus MX is on my Desktop as is the Mono player.

Screenshot shows the Cumulus MX file contents and I haven't unzipped any files, it also shows the terminal window I tried.

Sorry to be a bother

Kind regards

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You have to unzip the file, and you have to change to the directory containing the unzipped contents (using the cd command), otherwise the system has no idea where to find the Cumulus executable.
Steve
tgaughan67

Post by tgaughan67 »

Hi Steve,

The file isn't zipped from this site, it shows as being a zipped file but when I download it it just shows as a normal file on my desktop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I suspect that Safari has helpfully unzipped the file for you. So you need to navigate to that folder in the terminal. Might be better to move it rather than leave it on the desktop.
Steve