Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX error

Topics about the Beta trials up to Build 3043, the last build by Cumulus's founder Steve Loft. It was by this time way out of Beta but Steve wanted to keep it that way until he made a decision on his and Cumulus's future.

Moderator: mcrossley

ok2arm
Weather Station: WS2300
Operating System: XP

CumulusMX error

Post by ok2arm »

Hi,
from yesterday night have problem with CumulusMX webinterface... Before all working well, but now...
Setup menu is blank, and other links make err

Any idea ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: CumulusMX error

Post by steve »

Is it possible that your system settings have changed? In particular something like the decimal separator?
Steve
ok2arm

Post by ok2arm »

steve wrote:Is it possible that your system settings have changed? In particular something like the decimal separator?

The system run 5days continuously without err... All run in the table, PC without network connection... Any change is not possible...
And now... This... I dont know, what is happend :/ Also not read values from WX
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If you zip up the mx diags folder and attach it, I'll take a look. There may be something in there which helps.
Steve
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

any Ad blocker extensions on your web browser that maybe blocking content?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

ok2arm

Post by ok2arm »

steve wrote:If you zip up the mx diags folder and attach it, I'll take a look. There may be something in there which helps.
Here is https://we.tl/TuhQQgIDkw full folder, I dont know, whitch files you want... But I test unzip original files and replace, no change
ok2arm

Post by ok2arm »

Toxic17 wrote:any Ad blocker extensions on your web browser that maybe blocking content?
I test connect to main PC with CumulusMX from other PC and the same...
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Something has happened on your system, Cumulus thinks you only started using it today. You have no data logs. I'm afraid I can't say more than that.
Steve
ok2arm

Post by ok2arm »

Problem solved.... I dont know why, before RUN on W7 CZ location... But after change to US location, working well..

Thank you for help !
vachah
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspian

Post by vachah »

Hello, the same problem. Last check of system yesterday night. Everything was ok. The only action before - Raspberry pi power source exchange.
When I start CumulusMX, the status is Connected to station. But no data presented to the web and I´m not able to reach Station Settings. No configuration change in between yesterday night and morning today. But I'm unable to properly start Cumulus.

Raspberry pi 3, mono version 4.6.2, weather station Davis VP2, datalogger by belfryboy

Any idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vachah on Thu 23 Aug 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

If you zip up the MXdiags folder and attach it to a reply, I'll take a look.
Steve
vachah

Post by vachah »

Attached to previous post.
I went through it and I have found message "Error at line 2832 of data/srp18log.txt : Input string was not in a correct format." It seams to me like some data corruption. But what I'm confused about - I have tried to run totaly new instance and in this case message "station type not set" is shown but again I can't enter Station Settings section.
Last edited by vachah on Thu 23 Aug 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Sorry, I can't extract the files from that archive on my PC. But from that message, it looks like your system settings have changed, i.e. you are now running under a different locale with different settings, so existing data formats aren't recognised.
Steve
vachah

Post by vachah »

Tried to add once more.
There was some change but 2 or 3 days before and everything worked good. Ok, I can try "clear installation". Can you give me some hint how to do that (link to theme in forum or something like that)? I tried new installation into another folder - no old files moved into this destination - but still, I'm not able to run configuration of station.
Thanks a lot! Hynek
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You seem to be concatenating the diags files into a single file, and they're in reverse chronological order or something. Makes them very difficult to look at! There only seem to be files from today. I wanted to look at older files and compare them with the recent ones, to see what has changed regarding your locale. But I'm sure that's the problem, you need to go back to how you were running Cumulus previously.
Steve