Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

today's rain: how to correct?

Discussion of version 3 of Cumulus, which runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X. All Cumulus MX queries in here, please.
vr34
Weather Station: Aercus Instruments WS3083
Operating System: Raspbian Stretch, CumulusMX

today's rain: how to correct?

Postby vr34 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:35 am

Hi,
The USB of my fine offset WS3083 often locks up, around once a week.
I made a Python utility (periodicaly runs by CumulusMX) that detects any constant outside temperature value during one hour and reboot the Raspberry that runs CumulusMX if necessary. Fortunately, the reboot also switches off/on the WS console, which unlocks the USB transfer.
But after the reboot, the today's rain is often out of sens. Thus, my utility sends to my email the last today's rain before reboot and I correct the figure in the today's rain editor of the 127.0.0.1:8998 web interface.

I would like it to be automaticaly corrected by python.
Is it possible to change the data from outside the web interface ?

Regards,
vr34, http://les.matelles.free.fr/meteo/

vr34

Re: today's rain: how to correct?

Postby vr34 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:57 am

no possibility ?

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:35 am

You can't change it externally while Cumulus is running. And I don't know how you would work out what to change it to before Cumulus has run. The information is held in today.ini, so that's easy to change - the description of the file and how the rainfall counters work is in the wiki. Knowing what to change it to before Cumulus runs is the hard part.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:40 am

Actually, perhaps you could change it while Cumulus is running - if you could get your script to do the calls on the MX user interface which are invoked by the rain editor facility. If you want to try, you could look at the data exchange between the browser and MX using the developer console in the browser.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

vr34

Postby vr34 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:39 pm

Thank you steve.
I will make a script that changes today.ini at boot before starting CumulusMX.

Return to “Cumulus MX”