Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

CumulusMX via Wordpress

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

buffaloseven
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro
Operating System: macOS 11.1

CumulusMX via Wordpress

Post by buffaloseven »

Hey All,

Just wanted to share some of the work I've been doing utilizing CumulusMX to run my PWS and wanting to integrate it into my website, which runs on Wordpress.

You can see the current results, which is still missing a few of the default CumulusMX pages here: https://www.aweathermoment.com/pws/glenwood/

It's been a bit of work as I've also wanted to utilize my existing Bootstrap 3 based theme for the display. I'm pretty happy with it so far. My general process was to first create some custom JSON-based templates for Cumulus to upload to my server that contains the weather information. I then created page-pws-*****.php templates in my Wordpress theme to utilize for the various views. After that, I set up a new page type in my Wordpress theme, with custom metadata for things like data location, site name, site location, and a few other things.

I've arrived at a fully templated CumulusMX display. Come this fall, another person in Winnipeg will be using my site to share their information and all I'll have to do is get them uploading to their own folder, then I create a few pages in the Wordpress GUI and fill out the correct metadata and voilà, a new site being displayed. One of the biggest benefits to this templating process is that if I want to adjust how something is displayed, I simply change it in the page template and all PWS pages on my site will immediately get the adjustments; simple for me, simple for others who will share on it.

I plan on adding the complete records soon as well as that nice dayfile table display (which will take a bit of doing to translate into Wordpress/bootstrap). But for now, I have a relatively complete CumulusMX display that is Wordpress-templated and migrated to the Bootstrap 3 framework.
VTHokie74
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Rasbian

Re: CumulusMX via Wordpress

Post by VTHokie74 »

Looks nice!
Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2/CumulusMX/Raspberry Pi 3
buffaloseven
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro
Operating System: macOS 11.1

Post by buffaloseven »

Thanks! I have a bit of cleaning up to do so far, but overall I'm quite happy with it. Looking forward to getting the other views done in the near-future too.

Hardest part I found was templating the gauges to work within my Bootstrap 3 theme, but once I got it working, they were relatively easy to customize enough to fit in with the overall design.

I'm still thrilled that all I have to do is create a few new pages in the Wordpress back-end and set the right metadata (which takes about 5 minutes), and I have another complete weather station available. It's great.
cbcom
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by cbcom »

Hello,

I have come across your post and website. I am not a programmer, but would love to have a template to upload my weather data in a template as yours. Would it be possible to grab a templlate/theme to install on my website? my current weather information lists iFrame information from weatherlink.

Thank you.