Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Port Numbers ...

Share your Cumulus MX user interface here

Moderator: mcrossley

odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Port Numbers ...

Post by odintheterrible »

Hi,
Does anyone know how to configure MX to use different port numbers from the ones set at installation ?? ... 8998 & 8002 I think ?

Thanks
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Port Numbers ...

Post by steve »

Use the -port and -wsport parameters when invoking CumulusMX.exe
Steve
odintheterrible

Brilliant ... thanks for the heads up.
However, as a novice to Pi, what would be the correct syntax to use to invoke Cumulus with the -port and -wsport syntax ?
Many thanks

(I'm asking this as I'd like to run the Pi as a back to back against the mini pc to see if it's as good as or better and I don't want to start messing with the network router's settings just yet as the default ports are set to forward to the pc) :?

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

An example is given in the announcement post containing the download and the installation instructions:

When Cumulus starts, it will display the URL of the user interface. It runs on port 8998 by default; if this is not suitable for some reason you can over-ride it using the '-port' parameter on the command line, e.g. to use port 9999 instead:

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -port 9999
Steve
odintheterrible

Many thanks. Having looked again at the article I see. Apologies.

As an after thought, do I also need to do this with port 8002 as well using the same syntax ?

Thanks

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

From Cumulus MX Announcements
It is now possible to override the default port for the websocket server, by passing a -wsport parameter to the program, e.g.:

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -wsport 8888

This is useful if port 8002 is already in use, or you want to run multiple instances of MX on the same machine (in the latter case you would also need to supply a -port parameter to use a different port for the HTTP interface). The 'Dashboard', 'Now', and 'Gauges' pages interrogate Cumulus when they load to find the websocket port that instance is using.
So change -wsport only if needed i think
Laurent

odintheterrible

Brilliant info... many thanks.

OK, not looking to make an ass out of myself but as a novice to pi/Linux .... in the boot command for CUmulusMX I now know how to change the port that Cumulus uses at start up and thanks to your post I know how to change the web socket port ... but as both the standard MX port and the WS port are being used by another machine on the network, how would I combine both commands at the launch of MX ????

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -port 9999 (to change the port that MX is running on) ... but then how do I incorporate the change to the WS port number (-wsport 8008) as well so that both port numbers are changed at the start of the program???

Many thanks

laulau
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by laulau »

try:
sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -port 9999 -wsport 8008
Perhaps both options will be taken into account. :idea:
Laurent

odintheterrible

laulau wrote:From Cumulus MX Announcements
It is now possible to override the default port for the websocket server, by passing a -wsport parameter to the program, e.g.:

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -wsport 8888

This is useful if port 8002 is already in use, or you want to run multiple instances of MX on the same machine (in the latter case you would also need to supply a -port parameter to use a different port for the HTTP interface). The 'Dashboard', 'Now', and 'Gauges' pages interrogate Cumulus when they load to find the websocket port that instance is using.
So change -wsport only if needed i think
OK ... got that ... but how would you change both the internet port, 8998 and the web server port in the same instance of the command line to start Cumulus.exe on different port and wsport numbers ????? Thanks

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

odintheterrible wrote:how would you change both the internet port, 8998 and the web server port in the same instance of the command line to start Cumulus.exe on different port and wsport numbers ????? Thanks
Did you try this:

Code: Select all

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -port 9999 -wsport 8008
as suggested by laulau a couple of posts back?
Freddie