Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Discussion of the Weather34 web site template

Moderator: weatherist34

Steepleian
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 am
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Debian 9
Location: Steeple Claydon
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby Steepleian » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:59 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Steepleian wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:ok Ian you decide no rush on what suits you best if you are up for it .

wunderground is a big no no for me , when they published no more new user api KEYS a few months ago that was it for me as there is no way to cater for new users going forward however i understand if your current api key works fine then its not a problem.unless anything changed in those terms im reluctant to revert back.. as for meteoalarm problem is its regional and doesnt offer any benefit to anyone outside of the EU as it is a EU sponsored service. so think ahead on that one if you know what I mean .. that is why you see Israel and not turkey and surrounding non eu countries..

my advice is stick to universal options but I do understand certain data is readily available to others but it always creates an headache in terms of scripts .

anyway sorry i didnt respond to your css alignment issue , i will take a look when i get chance have you modified it at all if not i can help you ..brian


I understand your concerns about WU as I have had them as well (although it does seem that they are behaving very nicely at the moment). To be clear I was never intending to use my heavily adapted version of your CU template as the basis of a WE version, it will based on your default standard for CU and any mods that you may or not make in the future. The mods I make to my own website are my personal preference and I know are not to everybody's' taste. At heart I am a 'tinkerman', I just like to play around and that's how I learn to do things!

Concerning the CSS alignment issue, I have made no mods to the uvindex.php file, its straight out of the box and I have seen the same thing happening on other peoples sites.

Thanks,
Ian



ian can show me a screenshot im on your just now and i cant see exactly what anomaly is

screenshot cl.png


Yes you are right, its not happening at the moment so can't send a relevant screenshot. However, the MAX UVI and MAX W/m2 fields get pushed down into the lower boxes, presumably when the cautions text becomes overly verbose. Also should there be values attached to the fields? MAX UVI is showing nothing and MAX W/m2 is showing null. I have just checked on Simon's website where I have seen a similar thing happen. He has a value in MAX W/m2 field which is presumably the max value so far for the day.

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:15 pm

Steepleian wrote:Yes you are right, its not happening at the moment so can't send a relevant screenshot. However, the MAX UVI and MAX W/m2 fields get pushed down into the lower boxes, presumably when the cautions text becomes overly verbose. Also should there be values attached to the fields? MAX UVI is showing nothing and MAX W/m2 is showing null. I have just checked on Simon's website where I have seen a similar thing happen. He has a value in MAX W/m2 field which is presumably the max value so far for the day.


just looking at mine: https://www.conligwx.org/pws/uvindex.php

at time of writing. Max: 607 W/m2

however. on my main site https://www.conligwx.org/ it shows High: 860 @ 13:34

so not sure as to where Max 607 comes from. perhaps 607 is in the last hour perhaps?

My settings in pws are set for uvsolarlux.php for my Davis VPro2 Plus.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:36 pm

sorry i dont know if there is an error or null would not both show the same , or is weewx slighly different , sorry imjust set it to use the realtime.txt structure. you will have to help me on this by sending a version of realtime.txt .

brian


i

weatherist34
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:47 pm

toxic

your realtime.txt

05/09/18 17:43:50 17.2 79 13.5 3.0 5.0 166 0.0 0.0 1019.91 SSE 1 mph C hPa mm 22.7 -0.53 1.4 392.2 0.0 23.3 50 17.2 -0.3 18.9 13:56 8.3 05:17 4.0 12:49 10.0 13:43 1024.76 00:26 1019.91 17:41 3.0.0 3043 10.0 17.2 20.2 0.0 1.40 104 216 0.0 18 1 0 SW 1503 ft 17.3 1.9 265 0

https://www.conligwx.org/realtime.txt

from the realtime description page solar max is the second to last value

55 12.3 Apparent temperature <#apptemp>
56 11.1 Sunshine hours so far today <#SunshineHours>
57 420.1 Current theoretical max solar radiation <#CurrentSolarMax>
58 1 Is it sunny? 1 if the sun is shining, otherwise 0 (above or below threshold) <#IsSunny>

weatherist34
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:55 pm

then looking closeer there is no max UV


Field # Example Description Equivalent Webtags
1 19/08/09 Date as 2 figure day [separator] 2 figure month [separator] 2 figure year - the separator is that set in the windows system short date format (see setup) <#date>
2 16:03:45 time(always hh:mm:ss as per computer system) <#timehhmmss>
3 8.4 outside temperature <#temp>
4 84 relative humidity <#hum>
5 5.8 dewpoint <#dew>
6 24.2 wind speed (average) <#wspeed>
7 33.0 latest wind speed reading <#wlatest>
8 261 wind bearing (degrees) <#bearing>
9 0.0 current rain rate (per hour) <#rrate>
10 1.0 rain today <#rfall>
11 999.7 barometer (The sea level pressure) <#press>
12 W current wind direction (compass point) <#currentwdir>
13 6 wind speed (beaufort) <#beaufortnumber>
14 km/h wind units - m/s, mph, km/h, kts <#windunit>
15 C temperature units - degree C, degree F <#tempunitnodeg>
16 hPa pressure units - mb, hPa, in <#pressunit>
17 mm rain units - mm, in <#rainunit>
18 146.6 wind run (today) <#windrun>
19 +0.1 pressure trend value (The average rate of pressure change over the last three hours) <#presstrendval>
20 85.2 monthly rainfall <#rmonth>
21 588.4 yearly rainfall <#ryear>
22 11.6 yesterday's rainfall <#rfallY>
23 20.3 inside temperature <#intemp>
24 57 inside humidity <#inhum>
25 3.6 wind chill <#wchill>
26 -0.7 temperature trend value (The average rate of change in temperature over the last three hours) <#temptrend>
27 10.9 today's high temp <#tempTH>
28 12:00 time of today's high temp (hh:mm) <#TtempTH>
29 7.8 today's low temp <#tempTL>
30 14:41 time of today's low temp (hh:mm) <#TtempTL>
31 37.4 today's high wind speed (of average as per choice) <#windTM>
32 14:38 time of today's high wind speed (average) (hh:mm) <#TwindTM>
33 44.0 today's high wind gust <#wgustTM>
34 14:28 time of today's high wind gust (hh:mm) <#TwgustTM>
35 999.8 today's high pressure <#pressTH>
36 16:01 time of today's high pressure (hh:mm) <#TpressTH>
37 998.4 today's low pressure <#pressTL>
38 12:06 time of today's low pressure (hh:mm) <#TpressTL>
39 1.8.7 Cumulus Versions (the specific version in use) <#version>
40 819 Cumulus build number <#build>
41 36.0 10-minute high gust <#wgust>
42 10.3 Heat index <#heatindex>
43 10.5 Humidex <#humidex>
44 13 UV Index <#UV>
45 0.2 evapotranspiration today <#ET>
46 14 solar radiation W/m2 <#SolarRad>
47 260 10-minute average wind bearing (degrees) <#avgbearing>
48 2.3 rainfall last hour <#rhour>
49 3 The number of the current (Zambretti) forecast as per Strings.ini. <#forecastnumber>
50 1 Flag to indicate that the location of the station is currently in daylight (1 = yes, 0 = No) <#isdaylight>
51 1 If the station has lost contact with its remote sensors "Fine Offset only", a Flag number is given (1 = Yes, 0 = No) <#SensorContactLost>
52 NNW Average wind direction <#wdir>
53 2040 Cloud base <#cloudbasevalue>
54 ft Cloud base units <#cloudbaseunit>
55 12.3 Apparent temperature <#apptemp>
56 11.1 Sunshine hours so far today <#SunshineHours>
57 420.1 Current theoretical max solar radiation <#CurrentSolarMax>
58 1 Is it sunny? 1 if the sun is shining, otherwise 0 (above or below threshold) <#IsSunny>

Steepleian
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 am
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Debian 9
Location: Steeple Claydon
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby Steepleian » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:30 pm

weatherist34 wrote:sorry i dont know if there is an error or null would not both show the same , or is weewx slighly different , sorry imjust set it to use the realtime.txt structure. you will have to help me on this by sending a version of realtime.txt .

brian


i


Hello Brian,

weeWX Cumulus plugin generated file attached. The values appear to be in the correct places and the correct values appear in the UVI/cloudbase/solar panel. Its just the pop-up that's not working properly.

realtime.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:04 pm

weatherist34 wrote:then looking closeer there is no max UV


yep realtime-x.txt has that :)
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

weatherist34
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby weatherist34 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Toxic17 wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:then looking closeer there is no max UV


yep realtime-x.txt has that :)


ok well that explains the difference.. template doesn’t use the additional file.. thought i was going nuts for a minute as structure for realtime.txt hasnt changed .. ps your wind max is listed as lightning in top module.. :D and there is no yesterday max for temp in realtime.txt ..brian

User avatar
Toxic17
Posts: 677
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 pm
Weather Station: Davis VPro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.5 Stretch
Location: Bangor, NI
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:53 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Toxic17 wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:then looking closeer there is no max UV


yep realtime-x.txt has that :)


ok well that explains the difference.. template doesn’t use the additional file.. thought i was going nuts for a minute as structure for realtime.txt hasnt changed .. ps your wind max is listed as lightning in top module.. :D and there is no yesterday max for temp in realtime.txt ..brian


Thanks for the update. all sorted,
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://www.conligwx.org/pws/
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS
Image

Steepleian
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 am
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Debian 9
Location: Steeple Claydon
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby Steepleian » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:03 am

weatherist34 wrote:hello Ian thats awesome news and I think going forward it will be of great interest to weewx users who unfortunately have had to put with my polite sorry cant help responses.

I wont the bore the pants off you with this i hope but by mid october I just hope what ever version is for cumulus and hopefully ironed out all the little teething issues mostly different hardware capabilities not cumulus capability that seems so solid in terms of realtime.txt , just what I get a lot is some have certain capabilities and others dont or have hardware that is not present in cumulus.

So if you can do something between now and then it would be fantastic i would add a link on the download page to wherever it resides . I have one release coming out later its something i started a couple months ago when i dropped the meteoalarm scripts due to some issues or not supported worldwide so I have done this as an alternative its not fantastic but its something for awareness and is not region restricted.lets talk soon if possible via email..brian



Hello Brian,

Are you still using same e-mail address? I have sent you details of download link for weewx version of template.

Ian

weatherist34
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby weatherist34 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:28 am

Steepleian wrote:
weatherist34 wrote:hello Ian thats awesome news and I think going forward it will be of great interest to weewx users who unfortunately have had to put with my polite sorry cant help responses.

I wont the bore the pants off you with this i hope but by mid october I just hope what ever version is for cumulus and hopefully ironed out all the little teething issues mostly different hardware capabilities not cumulus capability that seems so solid in terms of realtime.txt , just what I get a lot is some have certain capabilities and others dont or have hardware that is not present in cumulus.

So if you can do something between now and then it would be fantastic i would add a link on the download page to wherever it resides . I have one release coming out later its something i started a couple months ago when i dropped the meteoalarm scripts due to some issues or not supported worldwide so I have done this as an alternative its not fantastic but its something for awareness and is not region restricted.lets talk soon if possible via email..brian



got it many thanks .. i think ill wait till the guide is ready otherwise ill be in no mans land..brian

Hello Brian,

Are you still using same e-mail address? I have sent you details of download link for weewx version of template.

Ian

redlynr
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:55 pm
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby redlynr » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi Brian,

I'm a newb here, just connected WiFiLogger to your template. I'm having trouble viewing my webcam. Can you assist?

I've posted this on wxforum as well.

I'm trying to add a webcam image (from Arlo). I copy/modified a python script to take a snapshot, scheduled this with Windows task manager to put in a dropbox folder that syncs to the web. My webcam image is inserted into webcamsmall.php in the below text, but it doesn't work, any ideas why? I'm very "old school" with html and don't understand php.

<img src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cwuo5dbb6me4jj/snapshot.jpg?version=<?php echo filemtime("https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cwuo5dbb6me4jj/snapshot.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">

Please note, the current web cam image doesn't look very nice since my Arlo is charging.

I have a feeling that maybe the dimensions of my webcam image are the problem, but I don't have an easy way to resize.

weatherist34
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby weatherist34 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:11 pm

redlynr wrote:Hi Brian,

I'm a newb here, just connected WiFiLogger to your template. I'm having trouble viewing my webcam. Can you assist?

I've posted this on wxforum as well.

I'm trying to add a webcam image (from Arlo). I copy/modified a python script to take a snapshot, scheduled this with Windows task manager to put in a dropbox folder that syncs to the web. My webcam image is inserted into webcamsmall.php in the below text, but it doesn't work, any ideas why? I'm very "old school" with html and don't understand php.

<img src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cwuo5dbb6me4jj/snapshot.jpg?version=<?php echo filemtime("https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cwuo5dbb6me4jj/snapshot.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">

Please note, the current web cam image doesn't look very nice since my Arlo is charging.

I have a feeling that maybe the dimensions of my webcam image are the problem, but I don't have an easy way to resize.


i entered your url i to local demo here it does not retrieve an image from dropbox however entering the url in a browser was ok but i did a get a pop up to register or sign in before i saw the blurred image :D so probably a drop box thing and not much i can domabout that as it is just simple img src script

brian

Steepleian
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 am
Weather Station: Ambient WS-1001
Operating System: Debian 9
Location: Steeple Claydon
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby Steepleian » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:19 am

redlynr wrote:Hi Brian,

I'm a newb here, just connected WiFiLogger to your template. I'm having trouble viewing my webcam. Can you assist?

I've posted this on wxforum as well.

I'm trying to add a webcam image (from Arlo). I copy/modified a python script to take a snapshot, scheduled this with Windows task manager to put in a dropbox folder that syncs to the web. My webcam image is inserted into webcamsmall.php in the below text, but it doesn't work, any ideas why? I'm very "old school" with html and don't understand php.

<img src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cwuo5dbb6me4jj/snapshot.jpg?version=<?php echo filemtime("https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cwuo5dbb6me4jj/snapshot.jpg");?>" alt="weathercam" class="webcam">

Please note, the current web cam image doesn't look very nice since my Arlo is charging.

I have a feeling that maybe the dimensions of my webcam image are the problem, but I don't have an easy way to resize.


Just a thought, can you explain your setup a bit more as I cannot understand why you need to use Dropbox. If you do need to use a third party repository might a public share from a Google drive work which can be set to require no login credentials?

Steepleian

weatherist34
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:09 am
Weather Station: Oregon WMR300 + Weatherflow
Operating System: OSX High Sierra
Location: Istanbul
Contact:

Re: Weather34 Home Weather Station Template

Postby weatherist34 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:37 am

one fix thanks to Ian for spotting reference yesterdays rainfall now switching metric also took the opportunity to add the new UVINDEX model i had wanted to do for almost two yesrs, i had first seen this use of pyramid gauge in the wunderground app , but i didnt want to use any javascript or third party library script . so it dawned on me yesterday morning i could use a SVG image with color outputs as there just RGBA or HEX
and so i simply created a coloured pyramid in AI in SVG basically 5 colour blocks . so no javascript and this code is so small and has no extra dependancies.

here is what it came out like and just added on to the cumulus version .and part of the code, SVG is the way forward

Code: Select all

<svg id="weather34 uvindex pyramid" width="120pt" height="150pt" viewBox="0 0 720 540" version="09092018">
<path fill="<?php
   if ($weather["uv"]>=10){echo '#a475cb';}   
   else echo 'rgba(75, 75, 77, 0.7)';?>" d=" M 373.35 80.14 C 383.84 92.52 393.86 105.32 404.17 117.85 C 411.15 126.59 418.42 135.10 425.21 143.98 C 390.39 144.09 355.56 144.10 320.73 143.97 C 338.01 122.49 355.89 101.48 373.35 80.14 Z" />
<path fill="<?php
   if ($weather["uv"]>=8){echo 'rgba(237, 73, 71, 0.8)';}   
   else echo 'rgba(75, 75, 77, 0.7)';?>"  d=" M 313.29 155.19 C 345.19 154.87 377.10 155.14 409.00 155.05 C 417.53 155.27 426.14 154.61 434.62 155.36 C 451.88 176.51 469.23 197.61 486.21 218.98 C 411.05 219.09 335.90 219.10 260.74 218.97 C 277.98 197.49 295.88 176.53 313.29 155.19 Z" />


https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

Image


Return to “Weather34 Home Weather Station”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest