Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis 'Live' Console for Cumulus Websites Ver CU2.4.1

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Davis 'Live' Console for Cumulus Websites Ver CU2.4.1

Post by BCJKiwi »

20 January 2017
Bugfix

13 January 2014
ver 2.4.0
After adding tooltips in ver 2.3.0 I did not like that the script would not validate properly - the CSS tooltips were not XHTML compliant but did work.
Ver 2.4.0 is an overhaul of a significant part of the code and is now HTML5.
There are also some additional setting options for the temp items displayed.
The 'antenna' (Vue) and 'X' (VP2) data received indicators are now included. Options are provided to turn these off if you don't want them. Provision has been made for these to respond to 'sensorlost' data from Cumulus should it be made available in the future.
BCJKiwi

1 January 2014
ver 2.3.0 bugfix
Some bug fixes - see details at end of post - most users will not be affected.
BCJKiwi

30 December 2013
Updated to ver 2.3.0
There are a number of code revisions and refinements 'under the hood'.
'US' 24Hour date & time formats added. Separate options included for metric/US (24/12hr with am/pm) time and for Metric/US date (dd/mm or mm/dd).
There is also a new feature which to enable either, neither, or both Console and Table buttons to open the linked scripts in a new tab allowing more than one page to be open at once. There is also a 'tooltip' to indicate which buttons will open a new tab. This tool tip can be turned off.
BCJKiwi

2 December 2013
Updated to ver 2.2.2
Further refinements.
Wind rose presentation revised.
Repositioned various data items to better match console - mostly for VP2.

18 November 2013
Updated to ver 2.2
Further code refinements,
improved table below image
simplified settings

28 October 2013
Updated to ver 2.1a
Further code refinements, stability, tests for files etc
Added a few further options and further unified code with the CW version.

21 October 2013
Version 2.0 has arrived.
A rework of the file structure, bug fixes and enhancements!

29 September 2013
Davis 'Live' Console
VERSION CU1.1d

This is a new script for Cumulus
(there is a separate thread for Cumulus generated Websites here https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10598)
It is adapted from the original script by Axelvold for Weather Display and subsequent updates by others.
Project has been discussed with and code submitted to Axelvold and Allessandro Bardi (who supplied the version that this script mostly resembles).
It retains all the original credits, copyrights and GNU licence etc.
It has been some months in development with subsequent on-going refinements and testing.
It is offered for use, as is, without any commitment of support but I am open to constructive suggestions and will assist as and when I have the time and inclination.

Significant changes have been made to numerous aspects of the script and it's concept, graphics and various other elements.
It utilises a specific tag file for this script delivering only the required tags in the format to suit the script.
This presents either the Vue or the VP2 / Plus 'Live' Console. (two separate .php scripts)

It works with a webserver that supports a recent version of PHP with GD2 graphics (i.e. pretty much any Apache based webserver).
The scripts include live updating via javascript/jquery so client browsers require javascript loaded.

A working version of both the Cumulus and Saratoga based websites can be viewed at;
Cumulus version - http://silveracorn.co.nz/cumulus (navigation bar option 'console')
Saratoga version - http://silveracorn.co.nz/weather (menu item 'Live Console')

As these scripts receive data from Cumulus, either or both the Vue and VP2 versions can be used even if you don't have a Davis console!
However you will need a console that delivers a forecast string. Forecast strings and icons should work for SOME LaCrosse and Oregon Scientific models but as I don't have access to any of these stations this functionality is not tested.

All configuration options are in the main davconvxxCU.php script
The only settings required for Cumulus users to get started is to add a navigation bar item to the ....T.htm files and to add the setting 'Plus' if you have a VPro2 Plus.

There is a .. HowTo.txt file which describes all the steps required to add the package to you website.

Edit 1 23 Sep 2013
OK it's Back with a bit of a tidy up here and there but just one real change as advised by Mark Crossley - many thanks.
8 previous downloads
Revised to Version CU1.1b to resolve FTP issues found by PaulMy
No need to update from 1.1a if you have no issues with the operation of 1.1a
7 downloads

Edit 2 26 Sep 2013
Ver CU1.1c
Change to auto refresh from 1 hr to 10 mins (works in I.E.) - refreshes graphs more often
Re-instatement of GET retries - it seems that Firefox times out sometimes if other data is being downloaded at the same time (graphics etc) as realtime without this.
Add missing table data to davcon24T.txt
Some minor code revisions
Revised HowTo instructions.

If you only use the Vue version you should still update the .js file in the davcon folder.
Recommend all update from previous versions.
The _Upd.zip contains all files except the static libraries and graphics in the _Full.zip
Full - 4 downloads, Upd - 2 downloads

Edit 3 27 Sep 2013
Incorporated into ver CU1.1d

Edit 4 29 Sep 2013
Ver CU1.1d
Some code revisions, moved some blocks to functions
recoded barotrend arrow
added imperial unit variants for rain decimal places, and for barotrend arrow
Updated HowTo
PLEASE CHECK THE HowTo CAREFULLY as there is a change to the location of the jquery.min.js library! This was done to reduce issues of conflict with multiple loading of different versions.
It is preferable to load only one.
Recommend all users update from previous versions.
The _Upd.zip contains all files except the static libraries and graphics in the _Full.zip

Edit 5 30 Sep 2013

Edit 6 21 October 2013
Version 2.0
This version changes the main file structures.
There is now a single file with all the code that is not console type specific.
There are two separate -inc include files, one for vp2 and the other for vue, that contain all the console type specific code.
A 'Page updated' indicator has been added.
Imperial mm/dd layout fixed and more logical setting layout - thanks to suggestions from n9mfk
More robust file loading/checking routines
See the file header and the ....HowTo.txt file for full details on changes, installation and configuration.

Please ensure you apply ALL the files in the ..._Upd.zip if updating an earlier version as all files in the update package have changed in some way.

Edit 7 28 October 2013
Version 2.1
Hopefully this will be the last revision (E&OE!)
Note this _Upd package requires Ver 2.0
If you are updating from an earlier version please download ver 2.1_Full

Edit 8 - 3 November 2013
Version 2.1a
Note this _Upd package requires Ver 2.1
If you are updating from a version earlier than 2.1, please download ver 2.1a_Full
Changes are mainly housekeeping;
Reverted to previous version of meta refresh code as there seems to be some timing issues on some webservers.
Tidied up messages
Removed one unused line in showage.js which generated an inconsequential error.

Edit 9 - 18 November 2013
Version 2.2
Note this _Upd package requires Ver 2.1a
If you are updating from a version earlier than 2.1a, please download ver 2.2_Full
Changes are mainly housekeeping;

Edit 10 - 2 December 2013
Version 2.2.2
Note this _Upd package requires Ver 2.2
If you are updating from a version earlier than 2.2, please download ver 2.2.2 _Full

Edit 11 - 30 December 2013
Version 2.3.0
Note the _Upd package requires Ver 2.2
If you are updating from a version earlier than 2.2, please download ver 2.3.0 _Full
Please note there are updated davconCU.css and jquery.davconsoleCU.js files in the ./davcon/ folder - both are required.

Edit 12 - 1 January 2014
davcon24T.txt file bugfix.

Edit 13 - 13 January 2014
Ver 2.4.0
Refer to first post for details.
Note the _Upd package requires Ver 2.2
If you are updating from a version earlier than 2.2, please download ver 2.4.0_Full
Please note if updating ALL the files in the package are required!!!

Edit 14 - 8 April 2014
Storm rain update

Replace the existing C:\Cumulus\web\davconfcstT.txt with the new one in davconfcstT.zip attached below.
The script has already been configured to use this variable. The start variable is not used and of course you won't see any change unless there is storm rain as defined by Davis!
Note, the Davis console script uses the term "rain event'.

ver 2.4.1a
Edit 15 - 20 Jan 2017
It seems I was remiss in not updating this post with the 2.4.1 update of 14 May 2014
Have just (20 Jan 2017) become aware of an error download set.
at line 112 of davconvp2CU.php

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $sharedir ?>davcon/jquery.davconsoleCU.js"></script>
should be

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="./davcon/jquery.davconsoleCU.js"></script>
I have to assume most users have managed to work this out for themselves as no one has queried it to my knowledge.

The download set has been updated.

BCJKiwi
Enjoy! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BCJKiwi on Thu 19 Jan 2017 11:35 pm, edited 34 times in total.
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Davis 'Live' Console for Cumulus Websites Ver CU1.1

Post by captzero »

Webpage gives error message : Stack overflow Line 30
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

When I used the link to your website my browser (ie10) threw an error which it does not do anymore and your link is not bringing up the console.

Have you resolved the issue?
captzero
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2 w/ daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by captzero »

I don't have it installed on my site. When I go to the link at http://silveracorn.co.nz/cumulus/davconvp2CU.php it was throwing the error. Looks okay now tho.
Dan

http://www.brisbaneliveweather.com

A man with a thermometer always knows the temperature. A man with two thermometers, not so sure.
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Well I was testing some refinements and changing the scripts so maybe that was the issue.
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

Interesting and promising, but a couple of comments:

Is there a bug or limitation in the display of the individual readings? On any of the browser presentations (but eg Chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m on Win8) I've looked at so far, the console image, graph and ticker line come up almost immediately, but the actual readings fail to appear. If I open a new tab in Chrome and call up a different webpage and then tab back to the Cumulus page I can (sometimes) get the readings to appear, but they don't appear to update automatically. (I'm presuming that they should?). Something seems not quite right in triggering the readings display and updating.

I'd be interested in a version that was a more faithful mimic of eg the VP2 console in the sense of the button presses doing what they do on the actual console. (But I suspect that this would be more of a DIY project.)
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I have the same problem, only the graph plot appears on the screen, all the values are missing.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Actually they do appear eventually, after about 2 minutes the page downloads two image files - mcld.png & smoonwang.png - after these downloads the values are displayed.
prodata
Weather Station: VP2
Operating System: Windows - all flavours

Post by prodata »

mcrossley wrote:Actually they do appear eventually, after about 2 minutes the page downloads two image files - mcld.png & smoonwang.png - after these downloads the values are displayed.
But do the values auto-update? (As I say, I'm guessing that they should, but maybe not yet?)
John Dann
Prodata Weather Systems
Littleport, East Cambs, UK
http://www.weatherstations.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

The Chrome console gives lots of "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded" errors.
Steve
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Have just tested again (after clearing all browsing data) with the same version of Chrome as Prodata quoted and with ie10 and firefox 24.0. I don't see any of the issues you guys are seeing.

Does the same thing happen when you look at our website? http://silveracorn.co.nz/cumulus/

The graph and scrolling forecast comes from the davconfcst.php file.
All the other data comes from realtime.txt via javascript/jquery in the davcon folder.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Same problem in Chrome and IE10 for me. The script is running out of stack space in both browsers in the jquery library - sounds like a nasty iterative process somewhere.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Same problem in Chrome and IE10 for me. The script is running out of stack space in both browsers in the jquery library - sounds like a nasty iterative process somewhere.
BCJKiwi

Post by BCJKiwi »

Mark,
Is this in your set up or on our website?
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Not mine yours.