Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus Support for Weathercloud

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus Support for Weathercloud

Postby steve » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:58 am

Note that this is now built in to Cumulus MX, for those using it.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Postby gluepack » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:11 pm

I notice that humidity is expressed in ºC, as opposed to % (at least, it is for my data).

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau

gluepack

Postby gluepack » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:18 pm

Come to think of it, it looks like wind direction is expressed in km/h :)

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:32 am

That seems to be a glitch on the 'your devices' page, they are displayed correctly elsewhere on the site.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

gluepack

Postby gluepack » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:12 am

They have reported to me on FB that the bug is fixed and it is.
Admittedly having only just joined them and having no clue as to how long they have been operating, it seems strange to me that I am the first person to have reported this.

William Siqueira
Weather Station: Davis Vue - Oregon Scientific
Operating System: XP - 7 - 8

Postby William Siqueira » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm from Brazil, my cumulus reports correct pro wunder, however pro weathercloud it only reports the bizarre -17.8 ° C, not out of it, all the configurations are correct, already tried everything and does not work, please help me

These are the configuration files has an Error?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:26 am

After working perfect for a couple of years my Weathercloud quit working and I have been trying to get it going again. It appears the weathercloud.exe has been changed to 0 bytes. Then whenever I try to unzip the download from viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11998&p=104663&hilit=weathercloud#p104663 it only unzips the readme file. Then noticed my Windows Defender was active and appears it stopped the unzip due to a Trojan: Win32/Zeltune.B!cl

I tried to unzip on another computer and the same unsuccessful.

I have now read this forum about this as a possible "false positive". Do you have any suggestion how I can get it to unzip fully, and is it safe?

Thanks,
Paul

Toxic17
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:53 am

PaulMy wrote:I tried to unzip on another computer and the same unsuccessful.

I have now read this forum about this as a possible "false positive". Do you have any suggestion how I can get it to unzip fully, and is it safe?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul I tried to download that zip and got the following:

sophos.JPG

sophos1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Toxic17 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS

pernaczy
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH 2080, TFA Spring
Operating System: XP SP3

Postby pernaczy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:05 am

I have downloaded this zip file with no problem. I'm using the newest version of "Bitdefender" antivirus software.
Piotr
The day when I have learned anything is not the lost one.

Toxic17
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Debian 9.1 Stretch

Postby Toxic17 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:19 am

pernaczy wrote:I have downloaded this zip file with no problem. I'm using the newest version of "Bitdefender" antivirus software.
Piotr

just downloaded from another PC using McAfee Enterprise.

mcafee.PNG

3 different AV's from 3 different PCs and you think it is ok? good luck with that.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org
https://twitter.com/conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2+ - CumulusMX v3.0.0 (build 3043) + Saratoga/PWS

Adrian Hudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Postby Adrian Hudson » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:48 am

Hello all.

I'm the author of this utility.

The program is written in a language called Autoit (https://www.autoitscript.com) which is very good but has the unfortunate problem that many antivirus programs flag programs written in it as viruses  (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... -infected/). 

The issue with autoit seems to be that, while it is, as I say, very good, it is also very easy for people to write malicious applications with it. This means that other, non-malicous applications that are also written in Autoit are often flagged by antivirus packages. It seems to go in phases as you seem to be finding here. Suddenly, a program that has been working for ages is suddenly flagged as suspicious. What has happend is someone, somewhere has written a "virus" in Autoit and been caught by antivirus programs. The antivirus vendors then update their signatures and all of a sudden, legitimate Autoit programs get zapped. Very irritating.

You have two options.
1.Disable your antivirus program, download a new copy, install it and exclude its exe from your antivirus - finally reenable your AV program.
-or-
2. Stop using the program.

A third, altogether better solution, is to change to using CumulusMX which has support for Weathercloud built in.

EA1AY
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Postby EA1AY » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:48 pm

William Siqueira wrote:I'm from Brazil, my cumulus reports correct pro wunder, however pro weathercloud it only reports the bizarre -17.8 ° C, not out of it, all the configurations are correct, already tried everything and does not work, please help me

Me too :roll:

https://app.weathercloud.net/d0270448339#current

Sent data to 6 o 7 sites OK but weahtercloud no... -17.8ºC

Using Cumulus 1.9.4 (1099) over Windows XP.

Greetings from NW Spain.

N0BGS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win7vm,VMWare ESXi 6.5

Postby N0BGS » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:53 pm

Adrian Hudson wrote:Hello all.

I'm the author of this utility.

The program is written in a language called Autoit (https://www.autoitscript.com) which is very good but has the unfortunate problem that many antivirus programs flag programs written in it as viruses  (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... -infected/). 

The issue with autoit seems to be that, while it is, as I say, very good, it is also very easy for people to write malicious applications with it. This means that other, non-malicous applications that are also written in Autoit are often flagged by antivirus packages. It seems to go in phases as you seem to be finding here. Suddenly, a program that has been working for ages is suddenly flagged as suspicious. What has happend is someone, somewhere has written a "virus" in Autoit and been caught by antivirus programs. The antivirus vendors then update their signatures and all of a sudden, legitimate Autoit programs get zapped. Very irritating.

You have two options.
1.Disable your antivirus program, download a new copy, install it and exclude its exe from your antivirus - finally reenable your AV program.
-or-
2. Stop using the program.

A third, altogether better solution, is to change to using CumulusMX which has support for Weathercloud built in.

I believe Adrian. I ran this program for over a month with no issues. It is not a virus. Since then I have upgraded to CumulusMX so I no longer need it.

As he says above, If you want to download and use it in Windows, first go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services. In the Services applet temporarily turn your AV program OFF. Download the file and install as described in the readme. You must add weathercloud.exe to your AV or anti-malware programs exception list. If you are uncertain how to do that Google it.

I've been an IT professional for 20 years and have dealt with hundreds of viruses. Despite all the false positives, the program is safe.

--Kurt
Blitzortung Station 1809

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:27 am

Thank you Adrian and Kurt for giving me confidence. I have reinstalled and now Weathercloud upload is working again as it had for a couple of years http://app.weathercloud.net/d0280022074.

Enjoying,
Paul

Red Raspberry
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Postby Red Raspberry » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:00 pm

William Siqueira wrote:I'm from Brazil, my cumulus reports correct pro wunder, however pro weathercloud it only reports the bizarre -17.8 ° C, not out of it, all the configurations are correct, already tried everything and does not work, please help me

I just installed Weather Cloud a month ago and it too displays the bad numbers and reports an error.

The only thing I can figure out is my Cumulus folder is not on the C:/ drive, rather my E:/ drive. All the instructions reference C:/Cumulus for the files.

Return to “Cumulus 1”