Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Support for Weathercloud

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus Support for Weathercloud

Post by steve »

Note that this is now built in to Cumulus MX, for those using it.
Steve
gluepack
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 7 Pro

Post by gluepack »

I notice that humidity is expressed in ºC, as opposed to % (at least, it is for my data).

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
Station type: PCE-FWS 20…Webcam link: View south to edge of Provadisko plateau
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

Come to think of it, it looks like wind direction is expressed in km/h :)

PWS links: WundergroundIVARNAPR3CWOP/APRSE(W)2048PWSWeatherZLATINABGAwekas10631Twitter@Zlatina_weather
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

That seems to be a glitch on the 'your devices' page, they are displayed correctly elsewhere on the site.
Steve
gluepack

Post by gluepack »

They have reported to me on FB that the bug is fixed and it is.
Admittedly having only just joined them and having no clue as to how long they have been operating, it seems strange to me that I am the first person to have reported this.

William Siqueira
Weather Station: Davis Vue - Oregon Scientific
Operating System: XP - 7 - 8

Post by William Siqueira »

I'm from Brazil, my cumulus reports correct pro wunder, however pro weathercloud it only reports the bizarre -17.8 ° C, not out of it, all the configurations are correct, already tried everything and does not work, please help me

These are the configuration files has an Error?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

After working perfect for a couple of years my Weathercloud quit working and I have been trying to get it going again. It appears the weathercloud.exe has been changed to 0 bytes. Then whenever I try to unzip the download from https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... ud#p104663 it only unzips the readme file. Then noticed my Windows Defender was active and appears it stopped the unzip due to a Trojan: Win32/Zeltune.B!cl

I tried to unzip on another computer and the same unsuccessful.

I have now read this forum about this as a possible "false positive". Do you have any suggestion how I can get it to unzip fully, and is it safe?

Thanks,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

PaulMy wrote:I tried to unzip on another computer and the same unsuccessful.

I have now read this forum about this as a possible "false positive". Do you have any suggestion how I can get it to unzip fully, and is it safe?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul I tried to download that zip and got the following:
sophos.JPG
sophos1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ConligWX on Wed 14 Dec 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

pernaczy
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH 2080, TFA Spring
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by pernaczy »

I have downloaded this zip file with no problem. I'm using the newest version of "Bitdefender" antivirus software.
Piotr
The day when I have learned something is not the lost one.
Ignorance can be corrected with the help of a book. Stupidity requires a shotgun and a shovel.

ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

pernaczy wrote:I have downloaded this zip file with no problem. I'm using the newest version of "Bitdefender" antivirus software.
Piotr

just downloaded from another PC using McAfee Enterprise.
mcafee.PNG
3 different AV's from 3 different PCs and you think it is ok? good luck with that.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

Adrian Hudson
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 7

Post by Adrian Hudson »

Hello all.

I'm the author of this utility.

The program is written in a language called Autoit (https://www.autoitscript.com) which is very good but has the unfortunate problem that many antivirus programs flag programs written in it as viruses  (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... -infected/). 

The issue with autoit seems to be that, while it is, as I say, very good, it is also very easy for people to write malicious applications with it. This means that other, non-malicous applications that are also written in Autoit are often flagged by antivirus packages. It seems to go in phases as you seem to be finding here. Suddenly, a program that has been working for ages is suddenly flagged as suspicious. What has happend is someone, somewhere has written a "virus" in Autoit and been caught by antivirus programs. The antivirus vendors then update their signatures and all of a sudden, legitimate Autoit programs get zapped. Very irritating.

You have two options.
1.Disable your antivirus program, download a new copy, install it and exclude its exe from your antivirus - finally reenable your AV program.
-or-
2. Stop using the program.

A third, altogether better solution, is to change to using CumulusMX which has support for Weathercloud built in.
EA1AY
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by EA1AY »

William Siqueira wrote:I'm from Brazil, my cumulus reports correct pro wunder, however pro weathercloud it only reports the bizarre -17.8 ° C, not out of it, all the configurations are correct, already tried everything and does not work, please help me

Me too :roll:

https://app.weathercloud.net/d0270448339#current

Sent data to 6 o 7 sites OK but weahtercloud no... -17.8ºC

Using Cumulus 1.9.4 (1099) over Windows XP.

Greetings from NW Spain.
N0BGS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Win10vm,VMWare ESXi 7.0

Post by N0BGS »

Adrian Hudson wrote:Hello all.

I'm the author of this utility.

The program is written in a language called Autoit (https://www.autoitscript.com) which is very good but has the unfortunate problem that many antivirus programs flag programs written in it as viruses  (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... -infected/). 

The issue with autoit seems to be that, while it is, as I say, very good, it is also very easy for people to write malicious applications with it. This means that other, non-malicous applications that are also written in Autoit are often flagged by antivirus packages. It seems to go in phases as you seem to be finding here. Suddenly, a program that has been working for ages is suddenly flagged as suspicious. What has happend is someone, somewhere has written a "virus" in Autoit and been caught by antivirus programs. The antivirus vendors then update their signatures and all of a sudden, legitimate Autoit programs get zapped. Very irritating.

You have two options.
1.Disable your antivirus program, download a new copy, install it and exclude its exe from your antivirus - finally reenable your AV program.
-or-
2. Stop using the program.

A third, altogether better solution, is to change to using CumulusMX which has support for Weathercloud built in.
I believe Adrian. I ran this program for over a month with no issues. It is not a virus. Since then I have upgraded to CumulusMX so I no longer need it.

As he says above, If you want to download and use it in Windows, first go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services. In the Services applet temporarily turn your AV program OFF. Download the file and install as described in the readme. You must add weathercloud.exe to your AV or anti-malware programs exception list. If you are uncertain how to do that Google it.

I've been an IT professional for 20 years and have dealt with hundreds of viruses. Despite all the false positives, the program is safe.

--Kurt
Blitzortung Station 1809
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Thank you Adrian and Kurt for giving me confidence. I have reinstalled and now Weathercloud upload is working again as it had for a couple of years http://app.weathercloud.net/d0280022074.

Enjoying,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Red Raspberry
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Post by Red Raspberry »

William Siqueira wrote:I'm from Brazil, my cumulus reports correct pro wunder, however pro weathercloud it only reports the bizarre -17.8 ° C, not out of it, all the configurations are correct, already tried everything and does not work, please help me

I just installed Weather Cloud a month ago and it too displays the bad numbers and reports an error.

The only thing I can figure out is my Cumulus folder is not on the C:/ drive, rather my E:/ drive. All the instructions reference C:/Cumulus for the files.