Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Instromet datalogger continuing problems with download

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
seggins
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Windows 10 1903

Re: Instromet datalogger continuing problems with download

Post by seggins »

An update.

I was away for a week; set the logger. result: no download. This is with a replacement chip. Some message not getting through to start log when Cumulus is switched off. Telnet, run to check before starting Cumulus, rdlg,1 command gave nothing either.

Switched everything off and re setup Cumulus and logger onto the laptop using an RS232/USB adapter (the one fitted in the logger box is not functional).
I set ImetWaitTime = 1500.

Ran several tests and download perfect very time.

There is quite a wait before the download actually starts suggesting it needs this extra time.

My guess is this much longer time than the default needs to be set for Cumulus (on this machine to work with Instromet) what do you think?

Regards
John
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

That's interesting; I was going to suggest an even longer wait time than the 1000 I suggested earlier, but the spec is quite clear that the maximum time required (including the comms overhead) is 500 ms. You seem to have some extra delay in your system somewhere.
Steve
seggins
Operating System: Windows 10 1903

Post by seggins »

Instromet are replacing the data flash ic. SOME boards were built with an incompatible unit which crashes when data log is accessed.
Hope this resolves the issue.
Contact Instromet if you think you might be affected for more details.
Regards
John
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Hopefully that will be an end to the problems that a few of you have been having.
Steve
northantsweather
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by northantsweather »

I need to communicate with my instromet datalogger in order to calibrate the dry and wet bulb temperature sensors. I have read on here that Steve has suggested using PuTTY. This seems to be straightforward, but I do need to know how to configure PuTTY for this purpose. I know the com port and baud rate, but none of the other settings. Any help would be much appreciated.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I think that the other settings are default.
Steve