Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rainfall not resetting

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Paul C
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Rainfall not resetting

Post by Paul C »

I have downloaded the new version of Cumulus today at 0930hrs. Normally at 10am it would reset the rainfall but it hasnt and is continuing to add todays rainfall ontop of yesterdays amount, any thoughts on what to do ?
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Rainfall not resetting

Post by steve »

Oh no! I'm always a bit careful myself not to do anything just before 'rollover hour'.

I'll email you.

Steve
Steve
Paul C
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with solar
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Paul C »

Yes, I must remember that !
Anyway is all settled down now - perhaps on your next installment there could be an edit box function where you can alter rainfall amounts etc, rather then edit the main data files. As I have found out a simple fullstop or comma in the wrong place and it all goes horribley wrong

cheers
Paul C
Brampton, Cumbria, UK
117m ASL
http://www.bramptonweather.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Yes, I admit it's a bit of a pain having to edit the data files manually, particularly when Cumulus can crash if you get it wrong! I am still in the process of checking all the places where it can crash in this way and allowing it to carry on 'gracefully'.

One thing I am adding to the next release, which is sort of related but probably not much use to you personally, is the ability to specify a 'year-to-date' rainfall amount for the part of the year before Cumulus was in use, so that the annual total is correct. But only for the first year, if you see what I mean.

I did have have a 'branch' of Cumulus in development which used an SQL database to store the data, and a bonus with storing the data this way was a nice spreadsheet-type display to allow you to edit any of the values easily and safely. It could also export the data (or ranges thereof) in various formats, e.g. Excel. But I had a few problems with the database software, so I abandoned it. I may have a go at putting it back in at some point, but that might not be until Cumulus 2.

Steve
Steve