Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

High hourly rain

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Nin3DSFan
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

High hourly rain

Post by Nin3DSFan »

I have recently had erroneous readings that required me to edit data in the monthly logs
The readings also affected the 'records'. I deleted the dayfile.txt entries which contained extremes that were affected by the erroneous readings, and had cumulus recreate them from the monthly logs.

My question here is, how come high hourly rain is not re-calculated?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: High hourly rain

Post by steve »

It's non-trivial (rain in the last hour isn't held in the log files), and difficult to do reliably in all cases, and I didn't get around to working out the best way to do it, and actually writing the code.
Steve
Nin3DSFan
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Nin3DSFan »

I understand that when calculating it, in real time, it simply takes the reading from one hour ago, and works out the difference. Or at least something like that.
It makes a bit of sense how it wouldn't be able to recalculate it now, since, if it's, for example 2:31 pm now, but there wasn't any log for 1:31 pm, but maybe 1:25, 1:30, 1:35 etc, it wouldn't know what it was at 1:31 pm?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

That's one issue, yes - it could approximate, however. It would have been easy to have done it if the last hour's rain was in the log.
Steve