Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Today High Wind Gust showing a future time

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Today High Wind Gust showing a future time

Post by PaulMy »

Using Cumulus 1 v1.9.4 build 1099.
I manually include some data in the comments section of my daily CoCoRaHS upload, including high wind gust Today and Yesterday.
I use the Cumulus Console screen to get these highs from the Recent Extremes box, and What I have not paid any attention to is the time of these high gusts. However noticed to day at about 9:00 am that the Today High Gust was shown as 29.9 km/h at 13:30 and Yesterday's 36.4 at 10:15. Since we haven't reached 13:30 yet today that got me looking.

Both of those Highs are shown in the Cumulus Console View Highs and Lows but in the 12 hr time i.e. Today's high gust 29.9 at 1:30 PM.
Then looking at the Feb17log the high for Today Feb 20th is 8.5 km/h at 8:10 and for yesterday Feb 19 it was 29.9 km/h at 14:30 (using 10 min logging interval). There was a 34.2 km/h logged at 14:30 on Feb 18th. I understand the Monthlogs only capture the data at the time of logging so not too concerned that 36.4 is not in the log as it is in the day's high/lows data. But because the time for the high/lows seems to be in error and there is no similar highs around that time in the Month log I wanted to see if anyone else has observed this. Or if there is some explanation.

Attached is a screen shot of when I first noticed it showing the Today High Gust time as about 2 4 hours in the future.

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Today High Wind Gust showing a future time

Post by steve »

Cumulus reads today's high gust and time from the console (for Davis stations) and allows a period around midnight of a few minutes where it doesn't read the value, to make sure it doesn't get yesterday's figure. So the usual cause of what you are seeing is that the console clock and the PC clock are adrift by several minutes.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Thanks Steve for the reply. The Cumulus console clock and my PC task bar clock are at the moment no more than 1 sec apart but they could have been different before. I actually hadn't checked the clock time when I was looking at this issue this morning because in my past look it has been pretty well identical.

I think I have a setting to sync the time but can't seem to find that in the settings screens, and my Cumulus.ini has: SyncDavisClock=0
Would that be better set as 1?

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, to get Cumulus to set the console clock once a day, that needs to be set to 1 - the easiest way to do this is by the option on the station settings screen.

Note that the clock shown by Cumulus and the PC will always be no more than 1 second apart, it's the difference between the station console clock and the Cumulus/PC clock which is important. Without the synchronise setting in Cumulus, they will quickly drift apart.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

Thanks again Steve and I have now ticked the Synchronize station clock. I need to get new glasses - I had looked in all the screens and was pretty sure that settings was/had been there just couldn't see it. Maybe not glasses but will blame the bright sunshine in the window and our unseasonably high temps.

I will watch and check the time from now on.

Enjoying,
Paul

Edit: I use the Envoy to connect to PC so never checked what its time is...
Davis Vantage Pro2+
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Cumulus sets the clock at 4 am by default, so you may see the same issue tonight/tomorrow. Restarting Cumulus will make it set the clock immediately.
Steve
PaulMy

Post by PaulMy »

To update,
As Steve mentioned the future time was still there the next day but appears to be ok after that.

Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+