Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Post by colinpb »

I am using the Sandysoft web hosting service and I have installed toolbox without the php webtags as I just need to upload files. However I cannot for the life of me get the uploads working.

In the FTP upload section I have tried the following, none of which work, all return error 550.

http://www.hemelhempsteadweather.me.uk/ ... ayfile.txt
www/Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt
/Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt – this works but only as execute now manual upload from within toolbox.

Suggestions would be appreciated

Colin

PS I am having a similar problem with Remote Commands to upload ImportCumulusFile.php, but I will post on that when I get 5 minutes
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Post by steve »

I don't know what settings Toolbox takes from the Cumulus.ini file (but apparently it takes the login details) but assuming it doesn't use any path information, then

www/Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt

would be the correct remote path.

I can see an upload for that file once a day for the last four days, without any errors, and I can't see any 550 errors in the ftp log at all. It's been uploaded at about 4 am for the last two nights.

I'm afraid I know very little about Toolbox. Does it have any ftp logging? If your reason to run Toolbox is just to upload files once a day, have you considered using the 'daily command' in Cumulus instead? http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Upload_Dayfile
Steve
colinpb
Weather Station: VP2+SHT31+DFars+Solar+AeroCone
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Cumulus Toolbox - upload problem

Post by colinpb »

Thank you Steve, but that also returns an error. However /Dayfiledata/dayfile.txt – works but only as execute now manual upload from within toolbox.

As toolbox is able to negotiate access by to my website via manual upload but not automatically, i suspect toolbox doesn't work with windows 10.

Colin