Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Failure to upgrade...

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Tidalwave123
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP

Failure to upgrade...

Post by Tidalwave123 »

Every few weeks, Cumulus locks up my computer. My Davis logger is locked out. I have to restart Windows. If I then restart Cumulus...it does activate correctly and loads both the data backup and downloads the unread data from the Davis logger.

I use V1.94, build 1097.

I thought perhaps that updating to the newest 1099 build might fix the problem.
However, when I try to use the CumulusSetup.exe...I get the following message: "Delete File Failed:Code 5. Access Denied"

Should I uninstall build 1097, before attempting to use 1099Setup? My Cumulus folder has an 'unins000.exe' file.
Is this program recommended rather than using the standard Windows uninstall?
If I do, will the newest backup file bring in the necessary communication settings that I have been using?
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Failure to upgrade...

Post by PaulMy »

Backup your data folder and also your cumulus.ini file, and any xxxT.htm files that you may have modified, then remove/uninstall everything else and re-download and install Cumulus, and copy in the backed up files.

Sorry can't help on the lock up but you should try to find the cause as a new install may not fix that, but worth a try and there are other benefits by running the most current version/built anyway.

Good luck,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm