Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Unable to use get CumulusSetup Build 1099 to run...

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
Tidalwave123
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP

Unable to use get CumulusSetup Build 1099 to run...

Postby Tidalwave123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 pm

My V1.4 build 1097 tends to crash and lock up my PC every few weeks. Restarting Windows and Cumulus resets the software and the Davis data logger downloads the missed data.

I thought that perhaps updating to build 1099 might prevent such crashes.

However when I tried to use CumulusSetup 1099...the update stopped with the following error statement:
"Delete File Failed: Code 5. Access Denied"

Is it safe to use the uninstall program "unist000.exe" located in the Cumulus folder?
If so, will the new build 1099 download the required communications data from the latest backup file, etc.?

BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspian Jessie

Re: Unable to use get CumulusSetup Build 1099 to run...

Postby BigOkie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:07 pm

That almost sounds like you're still running Cumulus while you're either trying to update it, or trying to uninstall it.

Make sure the program is stopped when you're trying to install or update it.

Tidalwave123
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows XP

Postby Tidalwave123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:11 pm

As Homer Simpson says "DOH !!!" Thanks...

BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspian Jessie

Postby BigOkie » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Also, I think if you either update or uninstall it, the data files still remain in the folder. It's been so long since I've used 1.9 that I can't remember, but seem to remember an option maybe that had the uninstaller delete the data files. DON'T.

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 w/Envoy USB
Operating System: Windows-8

Postby PaulMy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:54 pm

Data files are not affected by updating Cumulus. However the Cumulus standard files such as indexT.htm, todayT.htm, etc would be over ridden, if I recall correctly, unless you tick (or maybe untick) that option in the install process.

Enjoy,
Paul

Return to “Cumulus 1”