Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Lost connectivity to Cumulus 1.9.4

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Lost connectivity to Cumulus 1.9.4

Post by aznetcowboy »

Everything has been work great for the longest time, but late yesterday everything went to blazes in a handbasket. First of all, the Davis Vantage Pro2 stopped communicating with the ISS. Finally this afternoon (Tuesday), I got that connection working, but then the Weatherlink unit would not communicate with my router. After several hours that connection started working. However Cumulus is giving me the error message "Error - 32701 while thing to initialise the station". it then instructed me to check my configuration, etc.

Okay, I tried first of all to reboot my Weather PC which would automatically restart Cumulus. Still got the same error message. I went into the Station setting and the IP address was 192.168.9.102 which according to my router settings is 100% correct.

Nothing has changed on my Weather PC, no automatic updates (I want to know what is going on and will never allow automatic updates) and I have not bee prompted to install anything new. Luckily, if I have to reinstall everything, I do regular backups (the last one was on Sunday).

Any suggestions as to things I should try now? :?
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Lost connectivity to Cumulus 1.9.4

Post by steve »

Can you access the WLIP browser interface using that IP address from the PC running Cumulus?
Steve
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

Not to sound too ignorant, but in this case I guess I am, but what is a WLIP browser interface> :shock:

Oops, I just realized what WLIP is, dah...! :bash:

Anyway, I logged into the WeatherLink program and I am getting the following message:
"Cannot establish communication since port is already in use. Please disconnect the device and connect again." I have been using the port number of 22222 which since day one. Don't remember why port 22222 was selected anymore now, but I suspect that may be the problem?

Now to figure out what port the WeatherLink is using now. :groan:
Tom Wills
aznetcowboy

Post by aznetcowboy »

Steve,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I am back online now! :clap:

Printing off parts of the Help file were a big help also. I would recommend others do this also when they are having a problem. Just trying to read them online is a pain in the you know where when they have so much information on the screen. Wasting a few pages (if you print on both sides) is worth it. Then you can also highlight key phrases.

Thanks again for the great assistance!
Tom Wills