Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data file location?

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Wes
Weather Station: La Crosse WS-2310
Operating System: Win7 64-bit Professional

Data file location?

Post by Wes »

What and where is the data file used to create the graph C:\Cumulus\web\images\tempmsm.png?
I want to edit the errors in the minimum temperatures displayed for several dates.
http://wboyer.net/Dearborn/images/tempm ... 7027613152
Thank you,
Wes

p.s. Cumulus version: 1.9.4
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Data file location?

Post by steve »

The values are taken from dayfile.txt at startup. So you can use the built-in dayfile.txt editor in Cumulus to correct the minimum values, then restart Cumulus and the graph will then reflect the new values.
Steve
Wes

Post by Wes »

Great; many thanks. That did the trick.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Thanks for your continued support of your aging baby! I have supported you in the past with payments for two Cumulus installations.
I do have a couple more questions along the same line as this thread:
1. On my home weather web page it states: "The thumbnail graphs are sampled every ten minutes. Click on a thumbnail to display the corresponding larger graph in the panel above it. The large graphs are sampled every minute." However I have Station and Web intervals both set at 5 minutes and the Jun17log.txt file reflects that setting. I don't see a data file with one minute intervals. What can you suggest to reconcile the difference(s)? I don't see the need for an update faster than five minutes.
2. Since my Wind Speed and Rain sensors are not operational [i.e. disconnected] at this time, how can I remove the relevant graphs and data logs?
3. What's the best way to clear the history of (all time) Max and Mins and start over with the current month or two [or a couple more]? Especially related to Rain and Wind measurements and calculations. As you said: "Garbage In, Garbage out!"
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Wes wrote:1. On my home weather web page it states: "The thumbnail graphs are sampled every ten minutes. Click on a thumbnail to display the corresponding larger graph in the panel above it. The large graphs are sampled every minute." However I have Station and Web intervals both set at 5 minutes and the Jun17log.txt file reflects that setting. I don't see a data file with one minute intervals. What can you suggest to reconcile the difference(s)? I don't see the need for an update faster than five minutes.
Cumulus adds a new point to the main graphs once a minute while it is running (and every 10 minutes to the thumbnails). This is not related to any other update intervals in Cumulus, and is not configurable. The values are held by the graph itself (using a third party charting component) and not held in a file anywhere.
2. Since my Wind Speed and Rain sensors are not operational [i.e. disconnected] at this time, how can I remove the relevant graphs and data logs?
You can stop the graphs being displayed on your web site by editing the HTML in the trendsT.htm template file in the Cumulus web folder. You can't remove the values from the data logs.
3. What's the best way to clear the history of (all time) Max and Mins and start over with the current month or two [or a couple more]? Especially related to Rain and Wind measurements and calculations. As you said: "Garbage In, Garbage out!"
Stop Cumulus and delete the alltime.ini file. When you start Cumulus again, it will start recording all-time records from that point.

There are descriptions of all of the Cumulus log files in the wiki, which you may find interesting and/or useful - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Category:Log_Files
Steve
Wes

Post by Wes »

Sorry for the delay in thanking you. I appreciate your personal reply. THANK YOU.