Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather station change messed rain figures

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Corniit
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Win 7 sp 1

Weather station change messed rain figures

Post by Corniit »

Hello,

First of all, I want to thank for the excellent software. It's been working for few years already.

I finally decided to upgrade my weather station from Oregon WMR200 to Davis Vantage pro2 plus with daytime fan-aspirated radiation shield. Upgrade went well and setting the cumulus to communicate with Davis was easy. Anyhow, I got problem. For some reason "Rainfall this month" shows -2144mm and "Rainfall this year" show -1983mm after the station change. How can I fix this? I haven't tipped the bucket on Davis yet.

Another issue is that Light level tag

Code: Select all

<#Light>
is showing 0.0 all the time. Why so, even though my Davis has UV and solar sensors.

Any help greatly apprciated.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Weather station change messed rain figures

Post by steve »

It's expected that the rainfall figures may go awry if you change stations as the new station will have a different counter to the old one - I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in the FAQ. Normally just using the 'today's rain' editor in Cumulus is all that's needed. If not (e.g. a day has passed), then there is information in the FAQ about correcting rainfall totals (you probably just need to edit a figure in dayfile.txt and restart Cumulus).

The <#Light> web tag only applies to Fine Offset stations, as mentioned in the wiki - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Webtags#Current_Conditions - Davis stations give a Solar Radiation figure directly, not a Light/Lux figure.
Steve