Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Not reading historical monthly log files

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
magunn
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Win 7

Not reading historical monthly log files

Post by magunn »

Hi all,
I have been running cumulus 1 since June 2015 I had to stop recording in May 2017 as i moved house. I have now set up the station on a new PC and copies across the monthly log files from the old data. Cumulus however does not find them. The only records it displays are those since June 2017 when the system was reinstalled.
How do I get my new setup to read the old log files and is there anyway I can merge the alltime records.

Thank for any help
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Not reading historical monthly log files

Post by steve »

Did you also copy the .ini files? Those are the files containing the all-time (etc) records. You can get Cumulus to recreate the all-time records using the built-in editors - you may need to get it to add the missing entries in dayfile.txt first. There is lots of information about this in the FAQ and the wiki.
Steve