Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upload AWS Data to the Interent

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
candrasa
Weather Station: PCE FWS 20
Operating System: Windows7

Upload AWS Data to the Interent

Post by candrasa »

Hello,

This is my first attempt to upload my Weather Station data to the internet, I have PCE FWS 20 Weather Station, so far I have done:

1. Install Easy Weather Radio Control (EWRC) to get the Easyweather.dat file
-question, I have previously installed the newest version of Easy Weather Software but cannot find the easyweather.dat file that required in cumulus, so I uninstalled the software and get back to the original EWRC Software. Does the Newest version of Easyweather software automatically detect the easyweather.dat file?

2. Instal Cumulus version 1.9.4 (build 1099) to connect to the internet
- The problem is, mostly cumulus get an error, the bug report is attached in this post
bugreport.txt
3. configure the station setting
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7122e ... sp=sharing, does my setting correct?

4. configure the internet setting
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7122e ... sp=sharing
- The problem is, I still doubting myself whether my configuration is correct?
- I imagined that the realtime.txt from cumulus folder in the local drive will be connected to the web folder in which the realtime.txt will be read by the template in the remote folder using cumulus software is this also correct?

5. configure the FTP for http://wes.csuryadharma.my.id

6. applied the weather34.com web templates for http://wes.csuryadharma.my.id
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7122e ... sp=sharing
- The problem is, it only get sync for 1st time to my weather station, and still offline but for the other link it can be online

Do I miss something, because my web still not displaying the current status of my Weather Station condition?

Please help, thanks
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Upload AWS Data to the Interent

Post by sfws »

If your weather station is a standard Fine Offset one, you don't need to use EasyWeather, Cumulus can talk direct, use the WH1080 etc non-solar station type. Your point 3 is set wrongly. As Steve says in reply to your other post, you are trying to do too much in one step. Don't worry about the internet update (and using Brian's template) until Cumulus (MX or 1 whichever you are using) is successfully reading from the weather station.

If I have misunderstood and you do need to use EasyWeather for some reason, have you looked at the Wiki http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/EasyWeathe ... ile_Format where it mentions something about Easyweather versions, obviously it is probably very out of date now as it dates from December 2013.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

As sfws says, if you have a standard Fine Offset that Cumulus supports select that instead of the .dat station type.
In the Internet settings you can tick the Enable realtime and realtime.txt FTP and you won't need to add it to your extra files setting (which, from your link, is set incorrect as well).

I am not familiar with drive.google but expect you would still need to enter the correct Web Site settings in Sites/Options

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

candrasa

Post by candrasa »

Thank you PaulMy and sfws :)

I found some trouble when I tried to configure the station and the internet settings on cumulus,

I am sorry that yesterday I didn't attach the bug report from cumulus, here is the bug report of the problem
bugreport.txt
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

candrasa wrote:here is the bug report of the problem
The bug report is 'double dutch' to me, all it tells me is that you are using Cumulus 1. You have not responded to Steve's point about not using Cumulus MX and Cumulus 1 at the same time, but I hope you can confirm that the only software attempting to connect to your station is a single instance of Cumulus 1?
candrasa wrote:I found some trouble when I tried to configure the station

What Paul and I have said is that you need to choose a station type of "Fine Offset (wh1080 etc)". You have not said whether you have selected that now or not, although as EasyWeather is not mentioned in the bug report maybe you have made the change. Nor have you indicated whether you are seeing changing readings from your station on the main screen.
candrasa

Post by candrasa »

Hi Sfws :)

I'am sorry, currently I am using both Cumulus1 and CumulusMX but in different time as Steve mention before

When I use Cumulus1, the software give me some errors when I tried to configure the Station and any other buttons that I try to access, It has been like that since yesterday, therefore I sent you the bug report that is when I am using Cumulus1, my intention is to choose another station which is Fine Offset (wh1080) but the software is not responding.

appologies not to mention before, but I created another post the problem that I have for CumulusMX in CumulusMX forum

as for the website settings, I will try to configure my web display on my subdomain as the primary weather station display

Thanks