Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Please help with this error

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
shaunfish
Weather Station: Wastson W-8681
Operating System: win 7

Please help with this error

Post by shaunfish »

Good day
I have tried but failed to resolve this error
23 Sep 2017 8:13:07 AM : Error on line 1 of C:\Cumulus\data\Sep17log.txt: '''' is not a valid integer value

any help will be appreciated

Regards
Shaun
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Please help with this error

Post by sfws »

shaunfish wrote:C:\Cumulus\data\Sep17log.txt
This part of the message tells you which file has an error (the current monthly log).
shaunfish wrote: Error on line 1
This part of the message says which line (the first).
shaunfish wrote:not a valid integer value
This part tells you that in looking for an integer value, Cumulus found a floating point number.

How to solve
Cumulus FAQ: http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Error_ ... line....22.

If that solution does not work, then make sure your file is consistent in what it uses as separator for decimal and integer parts of floating point numbers and consistent in using a different separator character to separate one figure from another. See more at http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Monthly_log_files
shaunfish

Post by shaunfish »

Hi
I have done as you suggested but I still have the same problem. I have also checked the number format and separators all is correct I have even re-installed the program but to no avail. also the program will insert some strange rainfall figures such as 200mm/hr. I am getting to a point where I will have to purchase a commercial program and not use cumulus

Regards
Shaun
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

Post your Sep17log.txt as an attachment here.
If Cumulus says it has an error, then that file does have an error, and the FAQ tells you how to solve it, so we need to be sure you are not misreading your file. Proof readers exist as a job because we often see what we expect, not what is actually there.

Reinstalling Cumulus does not correct an error in a log file. I'm not being unkind, but you sound as if you are in a panic mode, and that is not the best for solving problems. Even if I can't solve your problem (and I'm working one step at a time), there are plenty of others to offer their help. Cumulus outputs a lot of diagnostic information and it might be necessary to look at that.

Also are you letting either your pc or the USB go to sleep while Cumulus is running? There are a lot of posts on the forum about those sort of problems, so far I have focussed on trying to rectify the problem with your file, but you may need to find the cause too.
shaunfish wrote: the program will insert some strange rainfall figures such as 200mm/hr.
The wrong rainfall figures is probably unrelated to the log file issue, but it certainly is not a feature of Cumulus (as Steve says in other posts, Cumulus has incorporated a lot of features to try to reject incorrect figures), it might be an indication of a faulty set bit in your weather station output message or it might indicate your computer had a hiccup when reading the input. Again both the FAQ and the forum make lots of references to strange or rogue figures. Editing rainfall is fairly easy, see the FAQ. You can't expect your Watson to be perfect, even professional weather stations have to manually edit out some rogue figures from time to time.
shaunfish

Post by shaunfish »

Hi
No not in panic mode but frustration mode. for years this software worked fine the suddenly this trouble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Looks pretty obvious to me, remove lines 1 & 2 starting
24 09 17,06:53
and all should be well.
David