Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Jacking plugs for Davis Vantage pro and similar

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
robbrooks
Weather Station: Vantage pro2 wireless
Operating System: WIndows 7

Jacking plugs for Davis Vantage pro and similar

Postby robbrooks » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:52 am

Good morning
I am wondering whether anyone can help on this Forum. I have owned Davis equipment since 1998 and am always coming across the same problem with the wiring and sourcing the little RJ11 jack plugs. Has anyone found a source for these , or attempted a repair of a severed cable. RS components and Maplins have drawn blanks. I have a crimping tool that fits the items so surely they must be available in the UK?
Thanks in antic
Rob B :?

AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Jacking plugs for Davis Vantage pro and similar

Postby AllyCat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:24 am

Hi Rob,

There should be plenty of offers on ebay, or I often start with CPC (Farnell) if I'm going to spend £6+ on components (free shipping). Sometimes "Kenable" are good for these small items (they also have a presence on ebay) , but the first link that a Google found for me is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Position-Conductor-Modular-Crimps/dp/B003PTXATG/ref

Note that you might need (so may as well get) "RJ12", which has 6 poles and 6 contacts (6p6c). RJ11 may have only 2 or 4 contacts within the 6 poles (6p2c , 6p4c).

Cheers, Alan.

Return to “Cumulus 1”