Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Jacking plugs for Davis Vantage pro and similar

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
robbrooks
Weather Station: Vantage pro2 wireless
Operating System: WIndows 7

Jacking plugs for Davis Vantage pro and similar

Post by robbrooks »

Good morning
I am wondering whether anyone can help on this Forum. I have owned Davis equipment since 1998 and am always coming across the same problem with the wiring and sourcing the little RJ11 jack plugs. Has anyone found a source for these , or attempted a repair of a severed cable. RS components and Maplins have drawn blanks. I have a crimping tool that fits the items so surely they must be available in the UK?
Thanks in antic
Rob B :?
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Jacking plugs for Davis Vantage pro and similar

Post by AllyCat »

Hi Rob,

There should be plenty of offers on ebay, or I often start with CPC (Farnell) if I'm going to spend £6+ on components (free shipping). Sometimes "Kenable" are good for these small items (they also have a presence on ebay) , but the first link that a Google found for me is:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Positi ... PTXATG/ref

Note that you might need (so may as well get) "RJ12", which has 6 poles and 6 contacts (6p6c). RJ11 may have only 2 or 4 contacts within the 6 poles (6p2c , 6p4c).

Cheers, Alan.