Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Suggestion for tagged data items

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
blasef
Weather Station: Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Suggestion for tagged data items

Post by blasef »

I have two weather stations (both Davis Insts.) and each location is unattended for 6 months of the year. It would be nice to have <#tagnames> for high and low indoor temperatures for today, yesterday, and this month. In this way I could quickly see on my website if the heaters are working in winter to keep my pipes from freezing. Same for high and low indoor humidity would also be a plus.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Suggestion for tagged data items

Post by steve »

Cumulus 1 is no longer under development, so there is no chance at all of these being added to that.

Additionally, I am currently doing very little to no development to Cumulus MX, for reasons you will read in my posts in the announcements section, and elsewhere. I'm afraid that were I to do further development to MX, internal data enhancements would be well down the long list of possible enhancements.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Suggestion for tagged data items

Post by sfws »

Have you read the Wiki ?
http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/Speciallog.txt describes a file that stores indoor values.
Consequently, it is possible to write a script that will read that file and calculate the statistics that you want. If you don't have ability to do that sort of coding, you might find there is someone reading this who might want a further challenge.

Hopefully, that slightly makes up for the bad news from the traveller in France who really deserves some peace from coding after all the programming and support he fitted in while he was still earning a living!