Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data catch up (Cumulus 1)

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
MontyRover
Weather Station: Aercus2083
Operating System: Windows 10

Data catch up (Cumulus 1)

Post by MontyRover »

Hi
I have an Aercus 2083 running on Fine Offset settings. I have had to set it up on a new PC (Win 10) due to a hard disk error on the old PC.
I copied over all data files from the old PC following instructions on Wiki but had great trouble in getting the console to talk to the PC. I changed the dates in the today.ini file and this seems to have got communication going again.

What I am having less success with is getting all the data from the last week to download. Is there another file I need to tweak?

Thanks in advance for any assistance
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Data catch up (Cumulus 1)

Post by steve »

No, today.ini is all you need to edit to make Cumulus download from a different point in time, although depending on what you do you exactly, you may end up with duplicate entries in the data logs. There is more information about this in the FAQ and wiki.
Steve
MontyRover
Weather Station: Aercus2083
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by MontyRover »

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to say I'm really not clear about what to do to reload data from 1 Nov. Is it a question of deleting all data after this date from the dayfile and then changing the today.ini to 1 Nov? Do I need to change yesterday.ini date too?

Excluding the missing period, I got everything working fine for 2 days but have since got a series of error messages and loads of diag files for today and I have attached 3 of 9 that are in notepad format. Yesterdays data is not showing on the screen (all zeros) and the ini file had the wrong day number (12 instead of 13). I have read that this tend to happen if the PC switches off at day rollover but the PC is always on.

Thanks in advance for your help - again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes to your questions about amending data, you don’t need to edit yesterday.ini, it will sort itself out eventually.

I can’t look at the diags files until I am able to use my PC again, and I don’t know when that will be, being on the road constantly. Someone else may be able to look at them, or you could look at them yourself, the problem may be clear with a bit of study.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I can't see anything wrong from the three files you attached - I'm not sure why you chose those three, it's much easier for me to find problems if you simply zip up the entire diags folder and attach it (as a single zip file), so I can see all of the diags files, and open them all at the same time.
Steve