Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA Report Issue

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
SteveFitz1
Weather Station: Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7

NOAA Report Issue

Post by SteveFitz1 »

I had a system crash earlier this week. Since bringing Cumulus back up, my daily NOAAMO1217.txt report shows data only for the days since the crash and not back to Dec 1. Also my NOAAYR2017.txt report displays data for only December (which is just a couple of days due to the missing days). From what I can tell, all my Cumulus data is still intact, it's just that the NOAA reports aren't pulling it all in.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get these 2 reports to update correctly each day.

Thanks,

Steve
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: NOAA Report Issue

Post by steve »

Could be that the crash has corrupted one or more data files. There will be error messages in the diags file if so (and the error light would normally flash).
Steve
SteveFitz1

Post by SteveFitz1 »

Steve,

Thanks for the pointer. I did find a corrupted line in Dec17log.txt. I removed it, saved the file, then restarted Cumulus. The flashing Error light quit flashing.

I then tried to manually create a Monthly and Yearly NOAA Report, but they did not seem to update. I clicked on 'Update Display' in each dialog, but they looked the same as before. Do I have to wait until the midnight rollover for them to change or am I missing a step to update them now. I reviewed the diag files again after bringing Cumulus back up and it shows no errors.

Thanks.

Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

With any errors corrected, it should be possible to recreate the report immediately. It sounds like there is still a corruption in either the December log file or dayfile.txt, but it’s odd that no error messages are logged to the diags file.
Steve
SteveFitz1

Post by SteveFitz1 »

Steve,

There are only 2 lines in my current dayfile.txt file - one for today and one for yesterday.

Can I go back to my last backup with hundreds of lines and add the December days to it?

Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, that should work.
Steve
SteveFitz1

Post by SteveFitz1 »

Got it fixed. Thanks for your help.

Steve
Mark14
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP3501
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Mark14 »

I have another issue related to NOAA reports. After changing server for my website, NOAA report files are not uploaded and I don't have updated a daily summary: http://serwer1823145.home.pl/wxtempdetail.php?lang=en#
Where should I correct the path/directory to restore the daily adding of measurements?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

On the NOAA Setup screen, from the Configuration menu.
Steve