Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Re-downloading last 5 days data?

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
lardconcepts
Weather Station: Maplin WH1801
Operating System: Win 8.1 Pro

Re-downloading last 5 days data?

Postby lardconcepts » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:28 am

Hello - I just got back from a few days away, picked up Maplin (Fine Offset) weather station to plug into PC for a download, and it beeped and reset the time.
Stupidly, I didn't change the time before I tried downloading and realising that, despite the empty "memory wheel", a whole load of data came down.
But it was all temperatures like 7-10 degrees.

1: Is this "stale" data which was stuck in the weather station memory which wasn't properly cleared?
2: Would it help to wipe out the last 5 day's data from the PC, and if so, which file do I tweak?

Because the way I understood it, it doesn't take the time from the station itself, but an offset from the time off download.

Thanks - sorry if it was a FAQ

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Re-downloading last 5 days data?

Postby steve » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:43 am

It doesn’t use the console time, so that wasn’t the problem.It sounds like it has done a reset, so the memory pointer is no longer at the same place, so I think you’re probably not going to be able to get the missing data.

You can edit the data files to remove the invalid data - lots of info in the faq and wiki about this.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

lardconcepts
Weather Station: Maplin WH1801
Operating System: Win 8.1 Pro

Re: Re-downloading last 5 days data?

Postby lardconcepts » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:23 pm

OK, thanks for the confirmation, Steve.

Return to “Cumulus 1”