Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Error in downloading wind gust from Instromet datalogger

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
northantsweather
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Windows 7

Error in downloading wind gust from Instromet datalogger

Postby northantsweather » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:43 pm

I notice that when Cumulus downloads data from the Instromet datalogger, the maximum wind gust values are less than the average wind speed values. There is no problem when Cumulus is running live, only when it needs to download archive data.

Is this a Cumulus problem, or a datalogger problem?

The attached graph shows the mismatch between wind gusts and wind speed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Error in downloading wind gust from Instromet datalogger

Postby steve » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:04 pm

It's presumably because of the lack of data points for calculating the average (if Cumulus is calculating it). Do you have Cumulus set to calculate the average speed, and if so, do you have it set to use the 'speed'' for the average calculation? What is your station's logging interval (looks to be 10 minutes)?

The relevant diags file would show the figures used for the wind speeds.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

northantsweather
Weather Station: Instromet
Operating System: Windows 7

Postby northantsweather » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi Steve

Yes, Cumulus is set to calculate the average speed. Do you suggest I uncheck this? The logging interval is 10 minutes.

Mike

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Postby steve » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:56 pm

I think you will get better results using logger data if you use the average calculated by the station.
Steve
-----
Hosting available for Cumulus web sites. See http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11876

Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development since I have retired from my day job

Return to “Cumulus 1”