Please read the posts in the Announcements section about the current status of Cumulus development now that I have retired

Please read this post before posting

Latest Cumulus release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - Nov 28 2014
Latest Cumulus MX release - v3.0.0 build 3043 Jan 20 2017. See this post for download

Cumulus has stopped writing realtime.txt on drive c

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section and its subforums are the main place to get help with Cumulus. Anything which is not specific to the type of weather station goes in here; for anything specific to a type of weather station, please use the appropriate subforum. Use the 'website development' section for any questions relating to creating or running a web site for Cumulus data. Discussion of the stations themselves in these sections is fine.
shielphi
Weather Station: Fine offset
Operating System: Windows 2000

Cumulus has stopped writing realtime.txt on drive c

Postby shielphi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:47 am

hi all, I have been using Cumulus for many years without a hitch. Suddenly when the new year rolled over Cumulus stopped writing/upgrading realtime.txt in its local folder. The last entry was December 31st. The current day and date is ok on cumulus, the premissions are ok on the txt file I ran Cumulus as administrator-that didn't work either. I upgraded to the latest version of Cumulus and still no write. I am running a Windows 2000 machine which seems ok.
I would be grateful for any (non-vague) ideas.

shielphi
Weather Station: Fine offset
Operating System: Windows 2000

Re: Cumulus has stopped writing realtime.txt on drive c

Postby shielphi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:06 am

I got it working. i accidentally deleted wxnow.txt and reinstated it from the rubbish bin and didn't think anything more of it . I looked at the wxnow.now with wordpad, and lo, realtime.txt started to write.
Phil

Return to “Cumulus 1”