Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus has stopped writing realtime.txt on drive c

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
shielphi
Weather Station: Fine offset
Operating System: Windows 2000

Cumulus has stopped writing realtime.txt on drive c

Post by shielphi »

hi all, I have been using Cumulus for many years without a hitch. Suddenly when the new year rolled over Cumulus stopped writing/upgrading realtime.txt in its local folder. The last entry was December 31st. The current day and date is ok on cumulus, the premissions are ok on the txt file I ran Cumulus as administrator-that didn't work either. I upgraded to the latest version of Cumulus and still no write. I am running a Windows 2000 machine which seems ok.
I would be grateful for any (non-vague) ideas.
shielphi
Weather Station: Fine offset
Operating System: Windows 2000

Re: Cumulus has stopped writing realtime.txt on drive c

Post by shielphi »

I got it working. i accidentally deleted wxnow.txt and reinstated it from the rubbish bin and didn't think anything more of it . I looked at the wxnow.now with wordpad, and lo, realtime.txt started to write.
Phil